Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

University Project - Finished!

Discussion in 'Product Design, 3D & CAD' started by Mike_Skillings, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Mike_Skillings

Mike_Skillings Junior Member

Hey guys, please check out me and my co worker's blog for our most recent university project. Could really use the views :)

acousticartifacts

Let me know what you think,

Cheers

Mike

2. Shadzee

Shadzee Junior Member

i love the concept of this product, not kidding or anything. I'd wear that at parties..
    and to sleep.

3. DWildish

DWildish Member

4. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

That's the first time I've heard of the music influencing heart beat rhythm to that extreme... I can understand it changing your heart beat by having a calming influence on your body due to you relaxing but it's not the music that's changing the heart beat, it's your state of mind and also the reverse can happen if you get pumped up by the music. I have never heard of heart beat and music synchronising.....

There's also this bit
    which made me think, if the heart is tuned into the music so they're beating in time and this would happen to ALL users in the area of the music (or at least that's the way it reads) then how can you have amazing patterns of light when they'd all be doing the exact same pattern due to ALL the user's hearts having the same tuning due to listening to the same music.... you didn't think that bit out did you lol

As to the concept... I thought the 80's were long gone. I know that led gloves, glow sticks or even the led glasses (great for the dj's) might end up raves and the likes but seriously who would want that wrapped round their arms, it would likely cost a lot more than a few glow sticks and to be perfectly honest looks a little cheap and 'try hard' for a raver/clubber