• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Ultra Ultra Big Images..

M

Mohammad

Hi

Does anyone have one of those massive images like one of those 500mb images?? and where I could download it?? I just want to test it out on my pc :) thanks

mrp2049

I dont keep them on my computer, but I've got some A00 posters that are 300dpi and dont clip 250meg.

high res, large size. just keep adding things to a file. There arent many easy ways of sending a file that size.

This is very rough guide but should, if its a load test you are after, give your processor a run for its money.

If you open a 10 megapixel (about 3872px x 2952px) jpg into Photoshop and resize it to15000 pixels wide (whilst contraining proportions), then save the resulting image as an uncompresed Tiff it should end up just below 500mb. It should take about 30 seconds for the file to be written.

M

Mohammad

renniks said:
don't be silly, that would make sense
Not very helpful, did you see the results for "massive image files for download"??? All I could get was some resizing software..

M

Mohammad

Rjho said:
This is very rough guide but should, if its a load test you are after, give your processor a run for its money.

If you open a 10 megapixel (about 3872px x 2952px) jpg into Photoshop and resize it to15000 pixels wide (whilst contraining proportions), then save the resulting image as an uncompresed Tiff it should end up just below 500mb. It should take about 30 seconds for the file to be written.
Thanks will get some 10mb photo in Sxc.hu..