Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK people might know this

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Kevin, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

you know... never mind
    I'm just asking the guy in person on twitter

topic may be deleted, sorry :)

2. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

And have you ever heard how his friends call him ? If they are British, maybe they also say "Hey NetskEYE, what about your new song ?" and imagine if they come from Texas...
    Or if this guy has russian origins... how do his grand parents call him ? :rolleyes:

3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

How would I know what his friends call him? And he's from Belgium; not Russia, UK or Texas :p
    (and it's not because he's from Belgium that I automatically know him in real life... we're not that small)

4. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

ahah don't worry, I can't think that : even in my class I don't know everybody (should I be worried ?).
    So, you will know how he pronounces his own name, he might tell you "You know, I love japanese culture, so I pronounce "Netsky" like this..."
    or just "what is this question ?! I'm Belgian ! Obviously I pronounce it 'netski' !"

And now I wonder how you pronounce "Onartis" so, and how people read "Lunera" (i've seen that nobody pronounce it like me)...

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Loon-air-ah :rolleyes:

Or perhaps you pronounce it more French-like
    Lune-errrr(couldn't resist)-a :p
    (is the word moon purposefully in your name or is it just a coincidence?)

6. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

What is going on here? o_0

7. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

you kind of missed my original topic but Lunera read it before I decided to delete it
    So yeah... tough luck :p

8. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

it's funny !
    I pronounce it in french, yes, like "Lun'ra", without the "e" sound. But i've seen that many people read "Lunérrrrra".
    So... I hesitate between thinking "Onarrrtiiss" or with a british pronounciation... (or another accent ?)

9. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

*is rather a confused*

Well at least my names easy to pronounce <3.

10. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

[ [​IMG]n ärt [​IMG]z ]

see? :p

11. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

Er... yes... I see...
    ...I just see in fact, can't really read it... ^^