Typeface help again...

Russell

Hi All,

Hate to turn this thread into 'help me find this font' but I'm really stuck on this one and it's doing my head in. Totally recognise it but can't place it, thought it may be Sari but it isn't (and before it's mentioned I've checked what the font and had no luck their either). Anyone recognise it?

24wwvpt.jpg

As a side I never fail to be amazed at how many companies never get given anything but a crappy jpeg of their logo, hence me scratting around trying to find the typefaces used to give them a vector version.

Looks like maya samuels osf extra light with the r edited, the s and the t are pretty spot on.

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/ is always worth a try.

also, have a look on their website to see if you can download reports or anything....you might get lucky that way.

Close but no cookie, Maya has no variance in the strokes widths where as the typeface used does, the t also has slanted apex and the r too different. The type may not be a straight up font but as the main part of the logo was plain old Optima I doubt they would have tinkered with the subline.

If someone could invent an effective font-recognition software they'd make quite a lot of money. Personally I respect anyone that can remember and recognise many fonts. Apart from a few personal favourites it's all just writing to me!

Back