Two Wordpress accounts now. ARGHHHHHHH!

I am at a loss with this as there doesn't seem to be much info on the net. I'll try to be brief.

Signed up to Sitegound for hosting, with intentions of using Wordpress to design a website. Through their C Panel, I set up and installed Wordpress.

Couldn't really find any themes that worked for me as I will be using Woocommerce too so I decided that using Dreamweaver and a local host would be the best way to ge the website how I wanted without having to pay to use theme builders and what have you.

So, I found a tut on installing WP on a local host and connecting to DW.

Downloaded Wamp and Wordpress (again) and set these up then connected to DW. All that worked fine but.... I now have two wordpress accounts. So, whatever I do on the local host WP, it has nothing to do with the WP I downloaded through Siteground. Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong and how to remedy this?

I think I may have worked it out but I don't want to touch anything at the moment. I should have used my SQL database from Siteground instead of installing new version of WP right?

You can just export posts, images etc form inside the WP admin panel and upload it to another account and reassign the posts to the main account on that installation. Look for import/export on the left sidebar when you're logged in.

If you're editing the theme in Dreamweaver you can just upload the theme folder to your live hosting and it should work. You may need to reapply any settings you've set through theme options pages since I believe these settings are stored in database tables. Don't edit theme files directly though, create a child theme so you don't undo all your work when you update the theme.

Back