Twitter = Spam?

@GCarlD

Hi guys,

I find every time I use Twitter, I seem to get a dramatic increase in junk mail sent to my inbox. As a matter of fact, I never used to get any junk mail before joining Twitter. Has anyone else noticed this? Or is it just all a coincidence and I am wrongly accusing Twitter for this problem? I may have to consider creating a new e-mail address and changing my Twitter e-mail from my work e-mail. Although I fair it may be too late for that to solve the issue.

Another reason is because when I go for a period of time without using Twitter, junk mail seems to appear in my inbox less frequently. Then I will use Twitter again and suddenly breathe new life into the junk mail monsters. I don't often use Twitter or any social media for that matter, although I am trying to use Twitter more often.

I always send to junk mail, block, and delete them, but new junk appears daily.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

When I joined Twitter last year, I was a novice and had no idea what I was doing, what to do and what not to do. I still don't tbh. I did tweet out my e-mail address and reply to people asking for my e-mail address in tweets.

Back