Tweet for Illustrators

leelovesbikestoo said:
Just saw this tweet for Illustrators, thought I'd share.

Twitter

Wow, only £12k for a creative job in London? Times must be bad. Thanks Lee, I might still apply, although I'm not sure I could afford to live in London on that wage.

They say they want graduates hoping to break into the industry, then they ask for a successful graphic novel portfolio... Choose one!

Since when did successful artists in London work for minimum wage?

Who could live on that in London!? Never mind appropriate payment for the specific skills and experience they want.

The graphics industry as a whole seems to have been devalued considerably over the last few years.

A prospective client told me today that she's just bought InDesign and Photoshop 'to do the basics herself', and that the freelancer she uses at the moment (who has a full-time job) gets paid £15p/h to do 'work on the side'.

If the public actually opened their eyes they would realise they are surrounded by cr*p design, produced by unskilled and inexperienced designers, propagated by employers or clients willing to pay peanuts for what is a highly skilled profession.

Time for a regulatory body for the graphic arts I think!

(Apologies for posting the link without checking it out)

Pay peanuts = get monkeys.

Yet I'm STILL interested... :D

Oook!
1128294769Librarian.jpg

I've popped them an email and slipped them a relevant sample of my work. And tried to tidy my carbonmade a bit.
I knew you'd hop onto that one Typo, like a ninja. Did you get a reply?

scotty said:
It says the hours are flexible.

Anyone read 4-Hour Work Week?:)

Yeah Ive been thinking it must be part time.

scotty said:
It says the hours are flexible.

Anyone read 4-Hour Work Week?:)

Great book, although I'm not sure they'd be overly impressed with outsourcing the work then having a virtual PA field any calls/email support :D

I only managed to read half of it before I got lost so I may be able to manage an 8 Hour Work Week:)

Back