Trouble converting a letterhead PDF into a Word Document

Phoebe

Hi,

I'm not sure this is the most appropriate place for my quandary, still, I'm hoping someone might have some illuminating tips?

I've been asked to put together a letterhead for a law firm, so far so good, the firm will primarily be using Word for their correspondence, so I need to create a word document template that contains the letterhead design. And I'm having a real hard time of it.

I've saved the letterhead as a 300dpi jpg and inserted it into the Word doc and it looks... awful. One blog suggested that even though it looks blurry on screen it will actually print "crisp" - that may be so, but probably the firm will use the word doc digitally too so it needs to look good on screen.

Help

Have you tried printing it to see?

I usually cut the header and footer out at 450dpi, save to jpeg with no compression then position in the header & footer sections of the word doc. Dunno if that's the right way of doing it but works fine for me.

Ok cool, I'll give that a try. My issue seems to be that the imported jpegs appear on screen slightly opaque and blurry, perhaps they print crisply but they'll need to appear crisp on screen because a lot of correspondence will be digital. Thanks for your recommendation :) This is frustrating for me because I don't have the latest version of Word so I'm unsure if these issues are simply because my version is a couple of years old or genuine roadblocks.

Back