Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trials Biking

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Harry, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Hullo all, I won't have ever mentioned here that I'm into trials biking, but I really got back into it about a fortnight ago. Got some pics too, thought I'd share.

I'm the guy in the green and red tshirts in all the pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Link: Pictures by woody_jake13 - Photobucket

Anyone else here into anything similar? You seem like the kind of people with interesting kinds of 'hobbies'…

2. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

That's cool man! - I used to be REALLY into a bit of trail riding, jumps, dual salom type thing but my dmr sidekick doesn't do much more than gather dust recently, need to get back on it and get hooked again!

3. Adam

Adam Senior Member

4. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

that tree ride/jump is great!

5. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

...just finished watching it - that guy is ridiculous!

6. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Holy shit didnt expect another one on here :p I used to ride, for about 9 years! youtube my name and you'll find a video of me riding :p will post in more detail later

7. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

That guys quality, love the fact they showed him stacking it at the start.

I'm not into trial biking as I'm not brave enough for the falls :D But I am getting into riding again.

8. Harry

Harry Senior Member

This un perchance? YouTube - Brendan Patterson and Andy Ponting - Trials in worthing

Nine years is a long time. I've been riding about a year in total, but with a year out. Started riding about two years ago, stopped one year ago, started again about two weeks ago.

9. Adam

Adam Senior Member

I just got a new mountain bike, so i can ride too and from work, about 6 miles each way.

Didn't realise bikes were so expensive now, mine was £390 which was still expensive in my eyes! Some where the price of a car!

10. Harry

Harry Senior Member

I'm after a 26" trials (I currently ride 20") which is £1500. Beautiful piece of kit though :)

11. Adam

Adam Senior Member

I just got a normal mountain bike, my mate got last years one which was rated best bike of 08 for under £500, so i got the 2009 one.

Just a Scott Aspect 55, it's got everything i wanted though, hardtail, disc brakes etc. Plus it was the colours i wanted :D I had to have a black or black & white bike :D

12. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

13. Harry

Harry Senior Member

14. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I wanted to get into freestyle BMX'ing (with pegs/cranks for grinding) about a year ago. Didn't go through with it, figured I should probably do it when I finish school or something.

15. Harry

Harry Senior Member

After untold amounts of fannying about I put a wee video together. Thought I'd share:

Vimeo link.

16. br3n

br3n Senior Member

looking good mate :)

are you on trials-forum.co.uk ?

17. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

lol - "You could buy a car for that" is the reaction I get when ever I tell anyone how much my downhill bikes are worth.

I love watching trials - that Inspired Bicycles vid always amazes me!

18. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Cheers fella :)
    Still learning/improving. Massive change since my last/first video though.
    And yep, are you?

19. charles

charles Senior Member

I used to ride downhill and dirt jump but broke my collar bone on a double in friston forest so had to stop that for a while. i never had a true downhill bike or jump bike, i always loved riding rigid bikes personally especially on single track stuff makes it more interesting.

bought a da bomb trials for a few hundred with maguras, was suprisingly good for the money and comparable with most other 20" trials ive tried.

sold it a few years ago to some little kid as decided i'm too old for it.