Travel mag critique

andyshaw

Hey Guys,

Been working on a site for bmi, it's for there inflight mag. I've put together a home page and was hoping for a bit of feedback as I'm the only web designer where I work.

Current

New

Thanks everyone!

I like it .. :) much more like a magazine website :) the old one does look a bit mashed together in frontpage :eek:

Hi Andy,

The difference between the two is vast, your new design is a great improvement all round IMO, cleaner typography, good structure, and clear communication of the sites purpose and focus. The new design fits with the bmi branding and the better for business strapline too :)

My only small reservation on first impressions was the background colour that's been used, but on viewing the main site I can see why this has been used.

Nice job Andy

PS- Does the company you work for specialize in airline branding?! Or in-flight magazines?

Wow that was quick!

@chrismitchell Thanks dude, lol yeah the old one is.... well not that great ;-)

@greg Thanks Greg, as usual great feedback. I'll change the background colour then to something more fitting.

@tbwcf yeah, the site clocks in at 5.9 secs as it was 7.8 secs. And now there are a lot more images. Goes to show you what a dose of relevant & semantic code can do.

Thanks guys

andyshaw said:
@greg Thanks Greg, as usual great feedback. I'll change the background colour then to something more fitting.

If it isn't a requirement that the bground colour needs to match their main site then I'm guessing their could be something a bit more interesting, but I can see why you matched it :)

Back