Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TopMan Tshirts - removed from stores.

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by ARRIVALS, Oct 10, 2011.

1. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

TopMan has had to remove a range of printed tshirts featuring slogans that, to some, are too offensive.

For me, I've seen worse - a lot worse. I've got to think that it's only because it's a national chain like TopMan that they're being removed. Any other local tshirt shop wouldn't hesitate to keep these on their shelves.
    :icon_Wall:

What was Topman thinking with these T-shirts? | Life and style | The Guardian

What do you think?

2. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

I wouldn't personally wear them but I don;t find them offensive. As you say political correctness gone crazy simply because it's a larger store. I have seen far worse on tshirts.

3. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

When I was an angst-ridden teenager that hated the world I used to have a t-shirt that said 'WANKERS' in huge lettering like Walkers crisps.

They didn't like that one much at college!

I don't see anything wrong with these to be honest.

Frankly I think t-shirts like these are important. They help you identify the blokes who are most likely to glass you in the face at the end of a night out.

4. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

TBH, I can see why the 'you provoked me' has been pulled but the other one is ok.

It's always seems to be women of a certain age that complain about this sort of thing. Usually just after they've finished calling into the Wright Stuff and just before Loose Women starts...

Like Paul, I had t-shirts in my youth that would probably cause these PC fanatics to choke to death on their M&S cucumber sandwiches, and nobody minded back then so why should a tshirt with a bit of light hearted humour cause offence? bloody silly!..

5. richimgd

richimgd Member

I think Twitter is partly to blame for this as it makes it incredibly easy to complain about something, which can be a good thing if it is for a good cause (not in this case, its only a tshirt ffs!).

6. garlex

garlex Member

Oh Dear!

Sounds like the Nanny State is alive and well.