Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top 3 Favourite Movies

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by solopressuk, Oct 23, 2012.

1. solopressuk

solopressuk Member

Just randomly thought I'd start a thread to find out what everyone's favourite 3 movies are. Mine are Inception, The Fall, and Garden State.

Anyone else feel like sharing?
    agriffFeehah likes this.
  2. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

um wrong section...

as to fav 3....maybe later
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

Tron Legacy
    (500) Days of Summer
  4. thread moved :)
  5. Levi

top 3 movies... not exactly the easiest thing to do so I'm doing top 5/10

No order:
    1. Last Samurai - ken watanbe is really good as katsumoto but it's Hiroyuki Sanada as Ujio (the samurai that beats up tom cruise in the rain) that keeps me going back.
    2. Twilight Samurai - Hiroyuki Sanada is the main actor in this.
    3. Fifth element - yes it's stupid but I've got a thing for jean paul gaultier's work and he designed and produced the costumes. The movie isn't actually that bad either.
    4. 13th Warrior - not sure why but I just enjoy watching it and to me that is more important than anything in a movie.
    5. Fast and Furious Series (no point splitting them up) - it's one of those movies you don't need to think about.
    6. The Crow City of Angels (2nd one) - I just think this is better than the first one which is still good. The ones that follow are not so good lol
    7. Final Fantasy Advent Children - some of the best CG animation I've seen in a movie.
    8. Appleseed Ex Machina - Appleseed is good too but this just beats it due to the style of rendering used in the animation.
    9. Taxi - the french films with the white peugot 405/6 taxi... stupidly unrealistic but thats why they're good :)
    10. V for Vendetta - natalie portman is a plus but it's how hugo weaving portrays V thats makes me include this
    Tron Legacy is pretty good too, the sound track especially but it didn't make the list. Tim, are you watching the tron uprising tv series, it's kind of a 'filler' series between tron and legacy
  6. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

My Top 10:

The Last Samurai
    Fight Club
    Lord of the Rings
    Sin City
    Withnail & I
    Jet Li's Fearless

WEBIAN Senior Member

Midnight In Paris amazes me. There’s a great representation of the period between 1920 and
    1930. But you’ll have to go through every single character if you don’t know them, to appreciate how
    realistically Woody Allen has portrayed them.

So, if we are in 1922... tonight we’re around the streets of Paris sharing ideas with other artists
    in wine bars…

The Belle Époque is also well portrayed, but that interests me less somehow.

Don’t pay any attention to the trailer; it doesn’t convey the film at all. And the poster
    is rubbish too.
  8. wac

wac Senior Member

9. solopressuk

solopressuk Member

Loving the movies everyone. Definitely going to see if I can watch any of these on Netflix. I love broadening the old movie horizons.
  10. solopressuk

solopressuk Member

Thanks for moving the thread, apologies for misplacing it :)
  11. Levi

at least 2 of mine are... I've seen crow city of angels and twilight samurai on there for definite
  12. Mine would be:

Dont be a menice to south central while drinking your juice in the hood - it is a spoof of those 90's "living in the hood" movies, made by the Waynes brothers.
    V for Vendetta - just because there is nothing better then seeing a goverment get what they deserve.
    Insidious - as i looove being shocked lol
  13. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Top ten...amoungst others...

A Bridge too Far
    The Wrath of Khan
    Rise of The Planet of The Apes
    The Man that would be King
    You only Live Twice
    Sin City
    The Good the Bad and The Ugly
    Mary and Max
    Wallace and Gromit...The WereRabbit

All Pixar movies, Batman, Glory, Gettysburg, Amelie, Terry Gilliam movies, Tim Burton, Ridley Scott...etc depends on my mood.