Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tools for organizing graphical assets

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by MacFan5, Oct 29, 2009.

1. MacFan5

MacFan5 Guest

Hello, everyone!

What tool are you using to organize and surf through the large collection of assets (photos, icons etc.).
    Do this tool have some drawbacks, that makes search and navigation complicated ?

2. I use finder generally MacFan5... welcome to the forum by the way :)

3. MacFan5

MacFan5 Guest

Thanks, chrismitchell :)

And what about Windows ?

I develop a powerful assets organizer, and would like to hear some opinions about handling large collections.

4. I don't really bother in windows.. I just use windows explorer.. I don't use any specific programs for asset organisation.. as if you are in any way computer literate you will organise your files in a logical way and know where things are :)

Just my opinion :)

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Windows Vista x64 - explorer along with a few additional codecs/plugins so I can see my animations, photoshop and acrobat thumbnails again :)

Plus I'm relatively organised.

Windows 7 when I get it will be the same.

6. MacFan5

MacFan5 Guest

As for me, as an developer, i have a large (very large) set of materials/ideas, and even OneNote 2010 does't fits my need's :) And the problem is lack of powerful navidation :)

What types of files do you have ?

7. Levi

CAD, raw images/video, maps and materials for 3D models, 3D resource models.

They're all in organised folders on my server and any important things are duplicated via sync software between it and my workstations

8. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Same Levi, I recently re organised my file system on my server and is all nice and tidy and in place now. I can now actually find what I am looking for..and its now password protected www.glenwheeler.co.uk/currentprojects :)

9. Levi

I meant in house server not web server, no way would I want to work that way I've had files nearly a gig in size and they would take forever to download :(