Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TomTom Western Europe App on iPhone

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, May 25, 2010.

1. Has anyone got this app and know if it charges any roaming charges for it being used abroad? I want to use this app (as i can't find anyone with a Tom Tom for europe) while on my honeymoon in Italy, and I just want to make sure that it won't give me a £100 bill.

Any ideas?

edit: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Completeley off-topic, this is the first post from Chris I've seen without a smiley? That's the first from 4,856 posts! Are you feeling OK? (xmas)

3. :lol: I completely forgot to add on :p :lol:

4. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

what what? You called called?

:confused:

:D

no idea btw, hth (nod)

5. Greg

Greg Active Member

It's OK, I'm more than happy for less smilies! Sometimes less is more?
    Was just an observation :)

6. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I agree why use loads when one says it all (ott)

7. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

It says here.....

"As the application and map stays on the iPhone there is nothing lost in way of fuctionality if you turn of data while roaming in mainland Europe, the TomTom application is pretty dumb to be honest and doesn't need a data connection to work, some of the other iPhone navigation packages do offer OTA (over the air) services and would require data to be enabled but not TomTom"

Will it work with Data roaming switched off - TomTomForums.com - TomTom, GPS Navigation Community

Don't send me your bill though. :D

8. thanks for that Tom.. just couldn't find that information anywhere :)