Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

time machine - mac backup

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Feb 26, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

Love the whole Time Machine idea, when I first heard of mac it was one thing I just thought was so simple yet so brilliant about their OS.

Anyone use it? And if so do you use a PC/Mac one or just a Mac one? Does it even make a difference?

I decided to back all my files up as for some reason, it seems all my files have a 3 month span before they either corrupt, delete and partially delete themselves. :down:

2. I use it on my Mac.. very useful.. managed to save many files many times :) (even old emails once deleted) Just remember to keep the schedule up otherwise it all goes a bit pete tong.

3. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah, is there anyway i can schedule updates automatically, like if I'm out or something it'll start itself...?

4. berry

berry Active Member

i have an automatic backup installed everytime i turn on....don't ask me how it works or how i did it !!!!!!

5. tim

tim Senior Member

lol nice, i havent got the hang of it yet.

6. Russell

Russell Member

Time machine is great but for some external hard drives it does seem to have corruption issues, make sure you format your hard drive for a mac first even if the hard drive says you don't have to. I'm debating getting a time capsule as my current hard drive only runs off two usb points so is a pain, they are still quite pricey though but having automatic wireless backups would be great.

7. I'd love to get a Time Capsule too.. but the cost of them is still pretty high :( :boo:

8. Calvin_T

Calvin_T Member

LOL i use this everyday.
    I'm more frightened of my external hard drive dying than my macbook now.