• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

time machine - mac backup

tim

Love the whole Time Machine idea, when I first heard of mac it was one thing I just thought was so simple yet so brilliant about their OS.

Anyone use it? And if so do you use a PC/Mac one or just a Mac one? Does it even make a difference?

I decided to back all my files up as for some reason, it seems all my files have a 3 month span before they either corrupt, delete and partially delete themselves. :down:

C

chrismitchell

I use it on my Mac.. very useful.. managed to save many files many times :) (even old emails once deleted) Just remember to keep the schedule up otherwise it all goes a bit pete tong.

tim

yeah, is there anyway i can schedule updates automatically, like if I'm out or something it'll start itself...?

Time machine is great but for some external hard drives it does seem to have corruption issues, make sure you format your hard drive for a mac first even if the hard drive says you don't have to. I'm debating getting a time capsule as my current hard drive only runs off two usb points so is a pain, they are still quite pricey though but having automatic wireless backups would be great.

C

chrismitchell

I'd love to get a Time Capsule too.. but the cost of them is still pretty high :( :boo: