Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tim vs Greg

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by mrp2049, Jul 7, 2009.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I have just noticed that Greg's crown as King of the post castle is getting challenged by Timbo.
  2. I wonder if it will be a race to 3000 posts :lol:
  3. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Well Chris maybe if you start spamming real hard you can push yourself from 3rd to 1st place :p
  4. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

i bet greg is going to delete your posts if the volume start to rise :p
  5. probably :p well 90% of my posts have a "LOL" in :p
  6. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

7. tim

tim Senior Member

i couldnt be arsed to read the thread, but greg, feel free to place "LOL :p" in relevant places.
  8. Greg

Greg Active Member

That's a cheap way to get an extra post Tim
    LOL :p it's on! (spam-free of course)
  9. so many LOL's in one thread... soon the LOLcats will come and demand a royalty fee :p :lol:

oh and LOL :p
  10. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I wonder how often people use LOL for no reason... I think I almost only use it when I really laugh/chuckle/smile when reading whatever the other person wrote. Of course sometimes you just have to pretend that the other guy is extremely funny but other than that...

My problem is that I use … a lot, and unnecessary smileys (although the latter is slightly improving :p)
  11. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

12. TickTock

TickTock Member

I quite like comedian Tim Minchins idea of using MAS instead, meaning Mildly Amused Smirk. His logic being that most people use LOL when actually they are just smirking in amusement.

I tried to bring it to the masses but people keep making me explain what it means which makes it a rather time consuming abbreviation.

MAS :)
  13. Greg

Greg Active Member

I like MAS, I think we should try and get that to catch on, at least on DF!
    I always find myself typing "lol" in pure silence, so not all that accurate! :)
  14. Timmo

Timmo Member

Can't Greg just boost his numbers via the admin panel anyway?
  15. Greg

Greg Active Member

I don't think I can... not that I've checked :angel:
  16. TickTock

TickTock Member

Absolutely, it's far more accurate in my case anyway as I rarely find myself laughing out loud at the things I write or read online.

So how should we start this campaign to get MAS used as the favoured abbreviation for something humourous? Bearing in mind once it catches on on DF we'll have to expand our sights to the world! MAS :)
  17. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

MAS are my initials :D
  18. Timmo

Timmo Member

You can do it with phpbb forums. :D

So all you have to do is completely change the whole forum and you can cheat. Simples.