Thousands of good, royalty free stock photos

br3n

A website I used to be involved in (moderated) which has since died off a fair amount has 4000+ roaylty free stock photos available to any of its members.

you do have to register however its just a normal forum registration, no strings attached and no junk mail. A good resource and hopefully of use to some members here.

www.abstractinfluence.com

thanks for the link, I'm sure it will be useful to the forum.
I'll make sure my lads are on it first thing.
cheers
bb

Thanks for the link Brendan, will definitely register and see what's on offer, did the site ever use the free stock images as a hook to get new members to sign-up out of interest?

Cheers,
Greg

The site was originally a photography/design site - the two founders obviously interested in photography (skate342 and emoboy on the forums) have taken the majority of the photos on offer.

The community used to be very busy - lots of photoshop battles among members and forum vs forum. although that whole scene has died off majorly, not just there but everywhere. as a result its slowed down a lot.

The stock photos do draw a huge number of new registrations to the site, so in short yes it attracts new users. however they normally don't post or offer anything to the community other than leeching the images which are rarely credited. so its catch 22.

That's a shame that the popularity of PS tennis has slowed their site down, and yes it looks pretty quiet from the most recent post dates when compared to the huge number of members they have! Was going to say with a freshen up on the design and a bit of a change in direction it could be back on track?

I wonder if they introduced a post limit for new members to gain access to the stock photos (using vBulletin instead of phpBB) they could get more posting/active members... :confused:

Perhaps, I think theyre happy letting it run like it is for now, focussing on stock resources - the founders created it while at uni (or the american equivilent) and have since got design related jobs and thus less time to spend on the site.

My excuse is pretty similar, went very inactive in the final years of my B.A. only recently returning to anything graphic related.

Ill be on and off - Trying to get a job in the furniture design world, But times are not the best for that, Freelancing web/graphic work at the moment. coupled with bar work im getting by.

Exciting! lol.

Back