Thought I'd pop this on.....

DavoSmith

Discussed this one with Tony before but its moved on a fair bit since so thought I'd put it on seen as I got some good feedback on the Physio stuff.
Client originally wanted me to spend a day modernising their typographic logo, which we did, improving spacing and adding a little additional originality the name element as they were looking for an identity to use as a lone symbol also, going forward. Anyway, they agreed it had modernsied, but still felt unhappy I guess with the original fundamentals of theur identity and wanted me to put a bunch of time in to a look at rebranding with something more organic that lead their brand away from appearing too Architect and more on the landscaping side of life. Which is right really.
So thats where were at with it, and they like where its got to, and I'm just waiting on feedback for the latest revisions. Interested tohear anyones thoughts really, not that they have anymore time budgeted for the logo element, but we can see. I'm looking forward to looking more at the identity as a whole now.
Here is a snapshot of the progress.

ORIGINAL / EXISTING:
LandT_DevShow_01.jpg

MODERISED:
LandT_DevShow_02.jpg

MORE ORGANIC REBRAND:
LandT_DevShow_04.jpg

LandT_DevShow_05.jpg

http://s267.photobucket.com/user/TheMacMagician/media/LandT_DevShow_06.jpg.html]
LandT_DevShow_06.jpg
[/URL]
LandT_DevShow_07.jpg

LandT_DevShow_08.jpg

Interesting work Dave. I really like the subtle changes you have made to the existing logo, especially the curved base to the p and the m, however it may be too subtle for the average joe to spot. As for the organic rebrand, I prefer the first one overall, but although the curves and shapes are pleasant they dont really scream "landscape architect" to me (However, Im not sure what would!!)
Id be interested to know why you have gone for the purple colour in the last concept, I presumed we were about to see a green concept as that is what springs to mind when I think of landscape architects.

Further to what Dave has said, I prefer the final ones where the bottom of the 't' links in nicely with the 'p', Think it's clever what you've tried to represent with the m and I do quite like it.

davewill said:
Interesting work Dave. I really like the subtle changes you have made to the existing logo, especially the curved base to the p and the m, however it may be too subtle for the average joe to spot. As for the organic rebrand, I prefer the first one overall, but although the curves and shapes are pleasant they dont really scream "landscape architect" to me (However, Im not sure what would!!)
Id be interested to know why you have gone for the purple colour in the last concept, I presumed we were about to see a green concept as that is what springs to mind when I think of landscape architects.
Yeah, I was really happy with what I'd achieved with the days modernisation work. Your right on the subtle nature of the curves base, looked great but maybe too invisible. We just looked at a way to make the exisitng a little more unqiue with the abilty to use that as a symbol. I think they were just simply not happy at all with their existing branding so really should have looked at a rebrand from the get go. We'll get there with it.

With regards to the colour choice, we didn't look at moving away from their existing colours, although that will be something I suggest before the logo is finalised. I was actually asked to try dark purple on light purple. They clearly have a thing about Purple.
dedwardp said:
Further to what Dave has said, I prefer the final ones where the bottom of the 't' links in nicely with the 'p', Think it's clever what you've tried to represent with the m and I do quite like it.
Cheers pal. I much prefer the final option with the right leg of the M left higher. Adds that element of "landscape" or the flow of ground levels and undulation.
Looking forward to hearing their thoughts on where were at with it.
Cheers both of you for the feedback. It really does need a more appropriate colour pallette.

Really nice work. Seems appropriate and very well considered.
The subtle gradient works well. I can't tell exactly what colour the 'Landscape Architects' text is, but I think it could use some tweaking.

Other than that I'd just try rearranging the 'LA' line, it doesn't sit quite right there for me,

Back