Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is why I want to work for GOOGLE

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Mohammad, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Mohammad

Mohammad Guest

2. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

Do you think anyone actually does any work? If I had a slide and fireman's pole I know I'd get less done!
    (No pole dancing jokes please!) :)
  3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I'd actually say more works gets done, its encouraging creativity by allowing people to work in a place that invigorates the mind, Just think how bored you get when you're just stuck in one place, with the same scenery etc.

I kind of follow a similar kind of approach with my work, I don't 'work' on projects on a fixed '9-5', I work when I'm in the 'mood'. (I am available for phone calls though and work is always completed for deadlines!!)

I get twice as much work done if I actually am in that 'groove' rather than if I'm trying to force the work to get done within a set period of the day.
  4. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

I would love to work in that sort of environment, but I'll never be in a position to see if it would improve my creativity! I can't afford the flashy furniture, and I'm not sure if the flat upstairs would be too pleased if I put in a connecting slide! :)

I'm more of a grinder with my work. Sometimes it comes easily sometimes it doesn't. But it always gets done.
  5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Get any of your (we all have them) pixar DVD's out and look where they work!!
  6. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I posted a video somewhere about working for Google a couple weeks ago...
  7. charles

charles Senior Member

It would be like going to work in Ikea, minus the slow people with trolleys blocking the corridoors
  8. Elekate

Elekate Member

LOL but that looked better than Ikea tbf!

Do the adults use the slide aswell ? :p
  9. TickTock

TickTock Member

I would LOVE to work there, it looks so cool! A more practical idea than my current desire to ride a giant waterslide home from the office as shown in the Barclay Card ads!
  10. charles

charles Senior Member

Some kid I went to school with works for icrossing and their new Brighton office is unbelieve!
  11. I know a few people who work for both apple (in the head office over in the states and google too over in Silicon Valley).. very cool places to work :D
  12. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

OMG that place is amazing!