this effect?

Looks like a regular 1px brush to me :confused:

If you use it with black, it might seem thicker than when using a shade of grey though. Maybe that's what is confusing you?

Well it can be done with a 1px brush but will take forever with all the borders etc, just thought there may be a like a "grunge" brush someone is aware off that gives the uneven look for you.

Cheers

Brett

i think your missing my point :) I know it can done that way etc but im looking to do a lot of these and sometimes there are brushes that people have created and can be downloaded and can save a lot of time :)

Brett

I can't imagine it would take very long but I'm sure Music To The Eyes will be able to point you in the right direction :p
She only stops by once in a while though.

I'm with our resident Belgian, hand draw effects are best done by you, that way they fit what you are doing.

A tabelt and a 1px pen tool or a 0.3 (or lower if you have them) automatic pencil and a scanner are probably the best ways to go.

I concur with the resident Belgian and Mike on this one.. best done by hand or using the pen tool in Illustrator, both very long winded i'm afraid :(

I think the important thing to think about is, that the hand draw effect is meant to be unique and individual, yes you can get brushes, but you are then removing some of the individuality of it.

I made a website that was totally hand drawn once, that took weeks and the errors in the menus as it was repeated added to the fun of it.

Luckily the site is down now, as it was a uni project, this way Harry can't demolish how it was coded! Tables everywhere....

Thanks for all your pointers as I have already said I dont disagree with any of you, I was was purely seeing is anyone knew of a brush that did something similer to that effect, sometimes doing things by hand and make it unique isn't feasible for certain projects such as the one im doing, thanks anyway though.

In the meantime if anyone does come across this and know of any brushes then please let me know :D

Brett

Is it feasible for you to create your own brush set? So maybe draw a few then turn them into brushes for ease of use for the remainder?

chrismitchell said:
I concur with the resident Belgian and Mike on this one.. best done by hand or using the pen tool in Illustrator, both very long winded i'm afraid :(
So.... where is the concurring part? :confused:

chrismitchell said:
concur means to agree :)
Seriously? How fudged up is that? :blink:
So I've been flaming all these people in the past for agreeing with me? :lol:

I actually always thought it meant disagreeing...
(concurreren = to compete in Dutch... so that's probably what put me off)

Just means that you got confused with the english :) perfectly natural.. :)

Onartis said:
I can't imagine it would take very long but I'm sure Music To The Eyes will be able to point you in the right direction :p
She only stops by once in a while though.

Haha, my ears are burning...

I agree with what the others have said. If you have a tablet, that's the easiest way to do it. You could create a custom brush that tapers at the edges to make it look like it's been drawn by a pencil, but a small round brush would give much the same effect.

If you don't have a tablet, just do it with the mouse - I did for ages before I got my tablet, and it's not that much more difficult. I find that doing long, quick strokes is the best way. Drawing slowly and carefully will result in wobbly lines...

I'm a bit confused - I don't really know what sort of photoshop brush you could download that would do it all for you... if you find it be sure to let me know! :)

Back