Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This board used to be more popular

Discussion in 'GDF Feedback & Help:' started by garylee8729, May 13, 2011.

1. garylee8729

garylee8729 New Member

Whats going on do people not post as much here anymore?
  2. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

No offence but you have only made 2 posts yourself and this being your second contribution to the forum.

The forum is niche and therefore will not be as busy/popular as other forums, if you want it to be busier post some topics to generate discussion/interest....can't do it all on my own.

3. printbar

printbar Active Member

Science has proven the following equation to be true:

Quality > Quantity.

Jus' sayin'.
  4. linziloop

linziloop Member

It is quite quiet but then I've never really known it to be any busier, does seem mad that the OP has only posted twice lol! Come join in!
  5. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

You have to be in it to...
  6. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

...smell it?
  7. Stationery Direct

Exactly, there are tons of forums out there and to be honest lots of the discussions on them are crap or not even related to the UK. On here we only allow UK IP's which means UK only issues/discussions/members...this is also a reason the forum is a lot quieter than others as we are essentially barring members from everywhere else in the world, this is a plus in my opinion and makes us different to all the others.

Most of you have blogs, give us a mention/link, this is the only way the forum will continue to grow, with help from its members...
  8. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

And some of the other forums are full of arrogant a*******s who think the world revolves around them and their 'fantastic' portfolios, and who also think they are entitled to rip the p**s out of everyone that dares step into the realms of their clicky forum, while throwing constructive criticism out the window.

I'll stick with quiet thanks. We like it here. :icon_thumbup:
  9. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

This forum is a nice little community. People are friendly but honest with their critiques of work. If your work is bad, people will tell you why and how you can improve.

If people are constantly telling your work is amazing when it's sub-par, how are you going to improve?
  10. richimgd

richimgd Member

The board is pretty quiet. Generally speaking from what I have noticed I don't tend to get many responses to my posts / threads compared to other forums which is annoying when it takes time and consideration to write a reply. Even the viewcount is very low on new posts, I'm not sure if this is an error with the forum as I might write a post and 3 days later it has only had 2 views. It is friendly enough though, just quiet.
  11. Ian Bonner

Ian Bonner Member

It is quiet, but when you see other forums (and there is one in particular that I am referring to which we are BOTH part of, but I make a point of not leaving posts on there anymore) and all you get is egotistical designers, only happy when they are bringing people down with their sarcastic comments, I'd rather stick with the quiet but constructive comments and views of this one. If you take the sarcasm out of THAT forum, it leaves it as 'quiet' as THIS one.
  12. Stationery Direct

Yeah forum problem, will be sorted in next update.
  13. richimgd

richimgd Member

I think I know the forum you are talking about, which I think if its the forum you're taking about its really a case of people being very rude / offensive to each other or even newcomers just asking for some advice, this is coming from people who have say 10,000 posts - so not sure if it was always like that. I don't think a forum will last very long with that attitude. So no, I don't go on that forum much now, but there are other forums that you get the best of both worlds: friendly people and your posts get replies as there is much more activity. I don't really get many replies to things here so much of the time I don't bother. Its a vicious circle I guess! To be honest I am more into web / digital which this forum doesn't really have those kind of expertise it would seem.
  14. pcbranding

pcbranding Member

I think I know the forum you mention too and know EXACTLY what you mean by arrogant, 'better than you' designers!

Still, this is one way to make a forum more popular!

Paul Cartwright