Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

There is some problem with my camera!!!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by ibrahim, Dec 14, 2011.

1. ibrahim

ibrahim Junior Member

I dont know whats the problem with my memory card of nikon camera. Till yesterday everything was alright with my camera. I took many snaps from my camera and when i removed memory card to transfer those photos to my computer but it gives a message stating i need to format the card before using it? then i inserted the memory card to my nikon camera was :mad: to see camera saying no memory card? My brother says i need to format the card to use it again. He also said if i format i will lose all the pictures from memory card. Is there any solution to get my photos without formatting it?

2. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Chances are there is a technical problem with it and you will need to format it. Maybe if you can transfer data from a USB cable onto your PC you might be able to save them, if not then plan A will be your forced choice.

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

It's most likely a dead memory card in which case it will die again, they do die and it's a lot more common than you might think, it's not just a nikon issue either.

You could try installing a linux distro as it may be in a format the pc can't read in windows (or os-x - you don't say) but it's unlikely as I have no issue with my nikon digi cam.