Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The yellowdog is born! - Official Launch.

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by yellowdog, Dec 13, 2011.

1. yellowdog

yellowdog Member

Dear Design Forums...

About 2 years ago we (3 brothers) bought a simple heat press and went from making our own t-shirts in the evenings to investing in major equipment and screen printing small runs for universities, clubs, businesses etc. Then about 3 months ago we decided to finally take the plunge and focus all our efforts into creating our own brand...yellowdog.

We welcome your feedback and if you see anything you like...don't be afraid to buy it!

Yellowdog; Home

Attached Files:

2. JamesBrentwood

JamesBrentwood Senior Member

Oh hi, nice to meet you.
  3. yellowdog

yellowdog Member

Hello to you! Thanks for the reply :)
  4. DWildish

DWildish Member

5. yellowdog

yellowdog Member

Wow! I've just taken a look through your portfolio and you have some seriously amazing stuff!

Although we have just developed and released our own brand we are still primarily a screen print company so all our previous work has been producing work for others. What sort of quantities would you be looking for? If you let me know which of your designs you were thinking of getting printed I could give you some quotes.
  6. welcome to the forum

WEBIAN Senior Member

Welcome to DF!
  8. BenJonesDesign

BenJonesDesign Active Member

welcome to DF and good luck with the venture

WEBIAN Senior Member

I like your promotional video and the little dog you have around :)
  10. yellowdog

yellowdog Member

Ha! Thanks for the support. That is my older brother's (Chris) dog, Barkley. He is in the shed most nights 'helping'.
  11. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

Welcome Yellow Dog!

I think aesthetically your site is pretty nice, although there are a few things I would change layout wise.

The way your site is at the minute does seem to act more as a pretty portfolio as opposed to a tool for getting new business. It's not completely clear from your homepage what you do or what you offer. If you're relying on people finding your site and buying into your screen printing services that way, I think you need to address that.

Your shop is the current focus to me and am I right in saying this isn't your bread and butter?

Basically, it looks mostly nice, but it needs to be more clear to what you offer and why you!

Hope this helps.

I like the super 8 tee!!
  12. yellowdog

yellowdog Member

Hi Chris,

Thanks very much for your feedback. We are actually creating a completely separate brand for our screen printing business complete with new logo, website, branding etc.

When we started out we never expected to get such a demand for commercial printing work and we initially only took jobs on if we needed a new screen or printer etc for our yellowdog brand. After completing a few massive orders we used that money to completely finalise everything so we could launch a finished and polished product.

2/3 of us are now completely focussed on launching the professional screen printing company whilst my younger brother is in charge of launching two new designs for January and the general upkeep of yellowdog.

That's probably the first time I've tried to explain that so I hope it makes sense! :)
  13. yellowdog

yellowdog Member

If you order now you can have it just in time for Christmas ;)
  14. Chris Lord

Chris Lord Senior Member

OK, so the Yellow Dog brand is a clothing brand... That makes more sense and most of what I said above redundant!! Good luck with both ventures. I trust you'll be aiming to get your tees in other online and physical shops?
  15. yellowdog

yellowdog Member

We've got a few independent shops we want to target after Christmas in our local area so hopefully we get a few takers. Where would you suggest targeting for online shops? I haven't really looked into this at all.
  16. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

I really like your site design, although a little slogan stating exactly what yellowdog is would be helpful.

Hope everything goes well :)