Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Weekend

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Greg, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Greg

Greg Active Member

Pretty busy on here for a Friday evening :cool:
    Anyone got anything exciting planned for the weekend?

I'm going to be working on a few bits and maybe seeing the new 007 film tomorrow, heard some very good things about it so far.
  2. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Naah.. broke already :). Planning on getting some design work done and watching some Korean horror movies.
  3. mrleesimpson

mrleesimpson Guest

Yer might go see Bond tomorrow, got my little sister stopping over tonight doing the brother thing.

Might go see some art somewhere tomorrow too.
  4. berry

berry Active Member

Don't fancy the Bond movie at all. The new style Bond just doesn't do anything for me. ( neither did the old one!)
    Just watched 300 again on Dvd tonight - Can't take it seriously now since i saw that spoof film Meet the Spartans.
    Saturday I usually make a Chinese but think I may do a Thai Red Curry and sit thru the car crash of X-Factor and 'Maria Carey week'. May hit Virgin and get a copy of 'Badlands' with Martin Sheen & Sissy Spacek. Havn't seen it for about 15 years. Wondering if i watch it will I be dissapointed? Amazing how old memories never live up to your expectations.

Aarlev? how can you be broke 8 days into the month already? Been buying Gears of War2 or FallOut 3?
  5. Mike

Mike Senior Member

Replacing the ashtray in my car that was stolen when some c**** broke into my car on monday :(
  6. JKDesigns

JKDesigns Junior Member

Bonfire Night last night - Had a fireworks display in a friends backgarden, saying that it was pretty much a winter booze with dangerous explosives.

Doing some work for a plumber in America, and he's giving me regular work, So got a pretty filled out weekend!
  7. craigfarrall

craigfarrall Member

Well, the chatter about what we had planned for the weekend has obviously gone, but I think we should say whether our plans went through and we did what we expected..

I did alot this weekend, went clubbing, watched the footy, went shopping (was in desperate need of clothes) and then went to see the girlfriend, so a pretty fun filled weekend, now the reality of going back to work :/
  8. berry

berry Active Member

I ended up staying up 6.00 in the morning on Sunday to watch the Joe Calzaghe fight.
    What really tiffed me off was not, tuning in from 11.00 on Saturday night and having to wait till 4.45am to watch the fight. But the fact that none of the presenters ever told you that the bout would start at around 4.00. I found out by searching the web at 3.30 to see if anyone had any idea. If I'd know that I would have gone to bed and woke up. I ended up falling asleep on the sofa and woke up by chance when they were in the ring seconds before the bell rang.
  9. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Well I got a bit of design work done and I watched a Korean movie called The Isle. It wasn't as good as I expected though (or maybe I just didn't get it..hehe). I was hoping for something in the lines of Old Boy (which is my favorite movie ever, and if you have an interest in arthouse and world cinema (or just cinema in general) I would definitely recommend you to watch it!)
  10. Greg

Greg Active Member

Didn't get to watch Quantum of Solace as planned, but ended up making a trip to Lakeside shopping centre (which was very busy!) and catching up on a few work bits, and basketball practice yesterday afternoon.
  11. JKDesigns

JKDesigns Junior Member

had a fireworks party as I have said! Saturday was a lazy sleepy day, Sunday did the brakes on my car, then completed the website I was building for this cool guy rick in america!

Pretty relaxed weekend.
  12. craigfarrall

craigfarrall Member

Berry, what was the fight like? I did really want to see it, as I am a big boxing fan, but I went clubbing instead, but there was this pub offering it, £7 to watch it, and there was cheap drinks there, so I kinda considered it, but in the end just got hammered and danced the night away, anyone know when there are highlights to this fight? either online or on tv?