Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Walking Dead at the Co-op

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Apr 19, 2011.

1. berry

berry Active Member

Just got to laugh at this nice piece of sensitive media buying!!!! Wonder what the poor customers at the Co-op think!

[​IMG]

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Is that genuine?
    Looks a little photoshopped to me?

3. berry

berry Active Member

Don't know I friend sent me it. But I'm sure it's Newcastle.

4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I heard it was down Consett County Durham way. It's true and real. It's been taken down now...and apologies made. OOpps!

It's quite a good show btw.

5. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Looks like an awkwardly placed billboard anyway, it's all crooked. Why didn't they just attach the frame to the wall?

I'm sure quite some people got a laugh out of it though, walking by :)

6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

There's a lot of Zombies around there anyways.

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Ahhh in that case! Face palm moment for someone in the ad depatment at Channel 5!
    With ad buying on that scale do they specify locations or just buy x number of billboards?

8. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

My colleague tells me this was similar to how The Body Shop got lots of press when they opened their first shop in Brighton close to a funeral director's who complained.

There was this film poster too, up in Stockwell station just after Jean Charles de Menezes was shot in error by the Police....

[​IMG]

:eek:

9. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Yeah its genuine, its been on the news. Somewhere in the north east

10. berry

berry Active Member

They just buy by postcode and numbers. Each location does have a photograph attached to it for visual location in the planning dept, but if the buying is done in numbers no-one really checks the photos. London booking is just a numbers job.

I don't think they even know where Consett is.

...saying that, I went to Consett once but it was closed.