Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ultimate Film Thread

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Nandricka, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Nandricka

Nandricka Junior Member

Hello guys,

I know it's kinda cliché, but couldn't find anything like this yet.

So, what was the last film you saw, and what was your opinion about it?

2. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Last one I saw was Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. I enjoyed it but I probably wouldn't rave about it.
  3. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Still working my way through Battlestar Galactica dvd box set....again. Classic.
  4. balders

balders Member

Watched Tyrannosaur last night, nothing like a bit of gritty realism on a Friday night. Not as good as dead mans shoes.
  5. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Is that the one Paddy Considine directed?

What a film!
  6. balders

balders Member

yeah, written and directed by.
  7. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Last ones I saw were Real Steel and In Time, both of which I really liked :)
  8. balders

balders Member

You can now add Puss in Boots to the list. Well worth a watch, even if you don't have kids.

The animation is pretty amazing when you look how far its come since Toy Story.
  9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Pretty sure the last film I saw was Supēsu Batorushippu Yamato, wanted to see how it compared to the anime/manga.. not well, it was well cheesy lol

Been watching tv series more than anything at the mo...galactica (new series and 1980's cheese fest :), got to get the original one still), stargate atlantis and the classic that is babylon 5

Did rewatch, appleseed (and sequal ex machina), final fantasy advent children and vexille a while back though, they're all pretty good cgi movies :)
  10. balders

balders Member

The kids love anything by Hayao Miyazaki.
  11. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

howls castle was on during the day today (saturday) on bbc2 iirc...
  12. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

Game of Thrones has finished so now I'm pretty ambivalent about watching anything else. But went to see A Dangerous Method, thought it was hilarious.

If you liked Dead Mans Shoes, watch Kill List. AMAZING.

I'm pretty desperate to see Shame and Another Earth.
  13. balders

balders Member

I couldn't get into it. It left me feeling a bit funny with an odd taste in my mouth. It did get some amazing reviews so maybe I should give it another go.
  14. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

Yeah, same same.. But I enjoyed the sensation. Had to watch something bland after to take the taste away.