The Surface Pro 3

wac

I received an email from Adobe this morning from Adobe with a voucher for £400 off the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with a cover. I’m not in the market for a new laptop (or tablet) otherwise I might have given it some serious thought.

Also, the offer only applies to the highest spec version which is uber expensive thanks to flash memory. The offer is only for paying for Creative Cloud members, so is anyone else* thinking about it?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msuk/en_GB/pdp/Surface-Pro-3/productID.309389900

*The term ‘anyone else’ applies to anyone who is able to see the word Microsoft or Windows on a forum without launching into a diatribes about loading times, viruses and blue screens of death.

To be honest I'd say this is likely timed to shift old/remaining stock. New broadwell cpu's have just started being used in laptops and I still feel the sp3 was designed with them in mind so I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't an update soon (maybe even today as MS have 'windows' event)

I imagine this strategy is to get the SP3 circulating a bit more in the professional creative community. This in itself is probably in fear that the iPad Pro with Stylus may cater to similar audience, though I don’t expect an iOS version of the Adobe suite, just yet.

When the sp3 was announced adobe was involved, they are/were one of the first major companies to deal with hi res screen scaling on windows 8.1 with adobe cc. Only makes sense to have cross promotion but I still suspect this is more down to 'end of life sales' than anything else, they could have done this when the sp3 was announced for example.

As to the iPad Pro.... yeah no, it will sell like hotcakes to the apple faithful but as a productivity tool it's not going to compare with a full os, unless of course the iPad Pro actually runs os-x....

Back