The Story of Keep Calm and Carry On

I've just watched the story and to be honest, it only reinforces my hatred of them. A poster that was never used because we were never being invaded is being used in the current day all over the country when in fact we're the ones doing the invading. Try sending the poster to Iran and Afghanistan and Iraq, see what they think of it. If war started nowadays and the government started to re-print that poster, I'd tell them to eff off haha!

Couple that with the fact that every man and his dog has had a go at doing some variation of it, showing the how widely spread the lack of creativity in this country (and others now jumping on the bandwagon!) goes, it's the only thing that actually does the EXACT opposite to what it says to me lol! I'm usually quite a calm person, this makes me blood boil! Perhaps that was the original intent, I mean, that would be pretty clever - we're at war, don't keep calm and carry on, go kick the bejesus out of the enemy!

I've just watched the story and to be honest, it only reinforces my hatred of them. A poster that was never used because we were never being invaded is being used in the current day all over the country when in fact we're the ones doing the invading. Try sending the poster to Iran and Afghanistan and Iraq, see what they think of it. If war started nowadays and the government started to re-print that poster, I'd tell them to eff off haha!

Couple that with the fact that every man and his dog has had a go at doing some variation of it, showing the how widely spread the lack of creativity in this country (and others now jumping on the bandwagon!) goes, it's the only thing that actually does the EXACT opposite to what it says to me lol! I'm usually quite a calm person, this makes me blood boil! Perhaps that was the original intent, I mean, that would be pretty clever - we're at war, don't keep calm and carry on, go kick the bejesus out of the enemy!

hahaha.

</endrant>

Everyone has there nemesis, haha. I'll calm down now ;p

... and, presumably, carry on...?

The original poster is a nice, austere piece of very simple, very British design and the message is beautifully simple but there is nothing - repeat: NOTHING - acceptable about either its omnipresence or any of the billion or so variations on the theme. The fact that a paid-for iPhone app allowing the bored, unimaginative and plain stupid to create their own 'hilarious' version of it was the number one download for weeks on end is Exhibit A in my case against modern life.

One of my favorite t-Shirts from about 6 years ago said "Keep Calm & Rave On". I loved it because it was a clever play on the wartime Keep Calm & Carry On posters.... Then the whole frikin world jumped on the band wagon and ruined it for me! :( It's now been demoted to the status of 'rag' for when I clean the car.

Was showing a friend this video about 10 minutes ago and we both pretty much turned round at the same time and thought it was the same voice from one of the anti sopa campaign videos which was another well made one is it by any chance ha ?

Was showing a friend this video about 10 minutes ago and we both pretty much turned round at the same time and thought it was the same voice from one of the anti sopa campaign videos which was another well made one is it by any chance ha ?

I have no idea. The studio that designed the video are linked in the article. Their name escapes me at the minute, I'll check it out.

Just checked into a hotel. Look whats in the bathroom:

a5dba56f.jpg

Oh dear. The fun fair that comes to Newcastle every year "The Hoppings" are using "Keep Calm and Hop On" as their advertising.

guys can I have your opinion on something Im working on?keep calm [Converted].jpg

please dont leak it, im planning on getting them printed.

Ad

Back