Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the new ipod shuffle

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, Mar 11, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

nice design, i like it!

not so sure of the navigation though, and definitely not sure why they've included it on the headphones, especially as iPod headphones don't take much to break- imagine buying new ones every couple of months.

opinions? might buy one :)

Apple - iPod shuffle - A Guided Tour - Large
  2. I think the voice over thing is a bit over the top.. but the design is good.. I also think that it is far to small now... it would get lost too easily ... i'll stick to my old iPod shuffle or my iPhone :)
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

I like the voice over option, you don't have to have it on anywho, you click to ask for it. It's just another "new feature" that's just a novelty really, so that Apple can once more justify their prices :)
  4. matt

matt Member

Blah blah blah... when are they going to release an updated version of the iPod touch? That's what I want to know.
  5. tim

tim Senior Member

The shuffle = the shiz!

The iPod touch bores me TBH, too predictable and too common. If everyone didn't have one (just like the iPhone), I'd be interested.
  6. Greg

Greg Active Member

Not convinced by the inline controls on the headphones, doesn't look like it's very intuitive, which is what has made other iPods a big success with a wide range of users IMO, look what happens when Steve Jobs is off on long term leave.
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

lol - i agree Greg. Worth a shot anywho, will be interested to see how long it lasts / how reliable it is.
  8. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Shuffles are horrible. You can't choose what you listen to can you? I wouldn't pay for something that doesn't even let me do that.
  9. tim

tim Senior Member

You can on the new one, technically. You get as many playlists as you want, but if you wanna change them, obviously you have to plug it in, iTunes it up, and then listen to it.

I see why there isn't too much enthusiasm, but it's well worth a shot IMO. I'll feedback when I get it.

EDIT: OMG! It's gone up £7 in 2 hours?!!?
  10. Calvin_T

Calvin_T Member

when you break ure earphones ure screwed?

well i know all my ipod earphones have a very short life.
  11. Scott

Scott Member

I hate the idea of the Shuffle. I want to choose a track, not a whole playlist.

The controls on those crappy iPod earphones? No thanks! I prefer my high quality noise cancelling earphones. without the controls on the chord though, I can't use them.

I'll stick with my Nano 3G.
  12. tim

tim Senior Member

The Nano 4G is my current iPod, it's well nice :)
  13. lets be honest.. Apple aren't really trying any more... they are living off the fanboys who will buy ANYTHING with the apple logo on... :)
  14. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

The shuffle is great for the gym.

ipod Shuffle for gym.
    ipod Old Mini for MINI (car)
    ipod classic for studio/walking/general.

ipods are great.
  15. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

I'll stick to my 80gb classic brick..
  16. tim

tim Senior Member

i don't, i just buy stuff which looks new/interesting. if microsoft released good products, i'm sure i'd buy them :p

i have lotsa iPods, and as rossnorthernunion said, you have different ipods for different functions. shuffle for walking to school, or bike ride... even at a party!
  17. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

The only benefit of a shuffle over any other ipod is size, and nano's are miniature anyway.

With normal iPods you can play playlists, or play it in shuffle order. I see no point to the shuffle.