• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Loch Ness Monster

mrp2049

A friend of mine is on google streetview going into his house. There is somewhere in the states where there are battle scenes on there!

Kevin

mrp2049 said:
A friend of mine is on google streetview going into his house. There is somewhere in the states where there are battle scenes on there!
There is also one where you see a guy reaching in his jacket, and when you move up the road (i.e. a few split seconds later) you see him raising a gun at some dude :blink:

Kevin

I think it's a cardboard Stig. Someone put it there knowing that the Google car was visiting soon perhaps?
His feet don't really seem to be standing on the ground.

Rhonda

I heard about him, but had only ever seen images of him and didn't know what he was called. So interesting that he happened to be standing there at the time the Google van happened to be passing by;)

Hmm, after Onartis' comment, I dunno. It's pretty hard to tell because the lighting seems evenly distributed and generally from overhead, but sort of dim (probably like that alot in that region yeah?) so I can't really see any shadows on the ground or on the railing to tell.

Kevin

Hmm well if you go click a bit further down the street and change the angle you do see it's a "real" Stig. But you also see two cars, parked at the side of what appears to be a busy road, that seem to be up to no good :D

Onartis said:
Hmm well if you go click a bit further down the street and change the angle you do see it's a "real" Stig. But you also see two cars, parked at the side of what appears to be a busy road, that seem to be up to no good :D

Yeah its definitley a real person andif you look at those ntwo cars, there is nobody in the black one.....?

tim

my uncle drove the google car around north wales.

got given a free google phone and strange lookin car.

he said it was the sh*ttest job ever purely because you get people swearing and shouting at you all day saying "WHY ARE YOU RECORDING US MOH FOH"

Levi

Staff member
it's understandable though, the stig is now a marketable brand (hence all the toys) and google is all about money from their advertising etc