The Illustration Thread

Thanks Scotty!

Unfortunately I have no more time to work on it, timeline is passed! Little bit disappointed...Need to increase my skill to work more quicker. I already print it, now "rendez-vous" june 21th for the exposition^^

Hey guys, I've been working on a little series of Mario Mashups in my spare time, trying to develop my art style to something with a little more depth. Here are a couple:
748b9c_42044deaf9734f458174584c300855ae~mv2_d_1200_1694_s_2.jpg
748b9c_024c8be0e8ed401ea2451b5bd64ad6b1~mv2_d_1200_1411_s_2.jpg
748b9c_85329c73c5b74b07852af98d8d7cdef7~mv2_d_1697_1200_s_2.jpg

Reactions: ash
Awesome stuff @Wardy! I did a series of children's educational books once (with a little help from Typo/TheWholeHogg) OMG the visual research was exhausting!

Oh WOW!

Missed these for some reason.
Nice work @Jimlad and @Wardy

The books and game look awesome and if you don't mind the pun Jim, You've certainly stepped up a level. ;)

Thanks, Guys!

I'm sure Jim will agree, it's a pity we don't get to do this sort of thing every day!

it's a pity we don't get to do this sort of thing every day!

Yep mate.
Sadly most of my days are full of this kind of shit: :(

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with string

Y'know, shit like that.

Thanks @scotty! I've been attempting to up my game (oh dear) for the past year or so. Really enjoying bringing digital painting techniques into my work, after a period of learning new ways of working and cherry-picking my favourite tips and tricks on a technical level, moving forward I think I need to work on getting faster with it (working with greyscale values helps there) and improving my composition etc. I'd really like to hit a few typical categories required by most concept artists like an environment, in-depth character designs and vehicles/weapons. Basically I've developed a new style and want to update an entire portfolio of work... it's just finding the time and energy to do so!

Until then, here's another piece of fan art used to develop my style without the hurdles of character design. Link's iPhone app tells him there's a Pikachu nearby...
748b9c_ac499c81bb3a4f00b8848727fdaba819~mv2.jpg

Attachments

• PikaLink1.jpg
    PikaLink1.jpg
    752.7 KB · Views: 1
Might be a bit late to ask, but are we supposed to post illustration stuff here in The Illustration Thread or in Showcase: Sketches, Doodles & Illustrations? Both seem to serve the same purpose. I get this one was imported from DesignForums but surely having two open is just confusing unless they're for different things?

Don't suppose it matters as long as it's seen.
Run out of game puns but again, great work Jim. :D

Back