• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Illustration Thread

scotty

Staff member
Not sure if this counts as illustration but here you go.

A collaberation between myself and Urban Canvas.
Designed and painted as a wedding gift to celebrate the marage couple of teachers.
"Love Is A Verb" was taken from Massive Attack's Teardrop and the piece was painted by a group of the grooms best friends at the site of Rock City in Nottingham.

Jimlad

So I've been playing around with animation today. First time doing anything quite like this, proper hand-drawn frame-by-frame stuff. Started with the classic bouncing ball exercise and moved on to a walking cycle to which I've added a few extra elements! Let me know what you think.

Wardy

It's a bit quiet on here, so I thought I'd post another recent vector I did. It was for a poster to illustrate a new bus station. Quite pleased with it
as they were on a budget and only took a few hours.

Wardy

Thanks Scotty!

I know I should do more, but I need to find the time to get round those little glitches I tend to get stuck on.

scotty

Staff member
You should mate! :D

AI does have some annoying traits that are quite hard to search out a fix unless you know the right term (I've found).

If you ever get stuck just post on here.

Levi

Staff member
I like the work scotty, I don't however like the placement of the lights by the 'interior designer'.... that's just poor planning with their branding being covered in my opinion

scotty

Staff member
Couldn't agree more Levi.

They weren't on the spec I worked from but hey.
It's supposed to be a ghost wall. A kind of remnant from the past.

I hang on to this thought so I can sleep at night.
;)

Jimlad

I have a game out! I was working on this in May/April, after which it went through animation and coding and QA and compliance... and now it's finally out in the world and I can share it. Which is nice. I drew the pictures, by the way.