The Honky Kayak Tour

tbwcf

slightly premature in posting this as it's not 100% finished but think its close enough. Text will be updated over the next day or two as whats on there now is what I've typed and my friends need to rewrite it...

We met about this on Wednesday and they're kicking it off on the 7th so been a real quick one.

The logo is based on a sketch by Dan I scanned in and recreated/coloured etc.

The site is to promote their kayak/campaign/gigging tour and help them raise money they will be kayaking with their instruments from Goring to Godalming.

The idea is they can update where they are gigging/busking via twitter from their phones as they go.

The Honky Kayak Tour 2009 - Kayaking to raise Money for the Phyllis Tuckwell Hospice

Any suggestions would be welcomed, I look forward to hearing what you all think and obviously feel free to follow on twitter and/or sponsor them! - the donations are through "just giving" and I'll probably add the actual just giving logo tomorrow as I think it will boost confidence for potential sponsorers.

Thanks in advance!

I love the logo, not so fussed on the layout though, I think it might look better with some sort of divide between the left and right.

Did you do the logo Andy?

The logo is wicked mate, the idea sounds amazing too!

I think the way it is now, seems like you've almost got 2 pages worth of detail on one page, do you know what I mean?

i like it, except the brown colour. it just doesnt go with the rest of the page imo.

mrp2049 said:
The logo is wicked mate, the idea sounds amazing too!

I think the way it is now, seems like you've almost got 2 pages worth of detail on one page, do you know what I mean?

Thanks! - they're mad - sure it will be really good fun and some good stories will come of it!

@tim/mike - thanks for your thoughts, I'll check it out again over the weekend with fresh eyes! I designed and built it tonight so been turned around pretty quick, not had chance to digest - time for bed now I think!

Aww man the red is so hard to read over the brown. I actually want to leave the site before my eyes implode!! :D If you changed the Red to White that would be sick.

Andy has been good enough to write a guest article for my blog about this fund raising effort, and particularly how they will use twitter to help them. kenreynoldsdesign.co.uk – Twit-ta-wooo Tweet to you!
I've twittered about it, so if anyone that happens to follow me there could retweet it, or just twitter about the tour itself using Andy's link to the site, that would be great. I'd be nice to help out a good cause, especially as the guys have come up with something original to raise funds.

Cheers, Ken.

Good on ya Andy :) and Ken if you can let me know your twitter I will retweet it on widdlerswee twitter too :)

Thanks everyone!

I just wanted to post to say your comments haven't been ignored. I've just ran out of time to make any tweeks and the site seems to be doing its job pretty well so I'm gonna leave it as is...

Thanks again for the blog post ken!

Back