Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Hadron Collider

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

So the Hadron Collider has been switched on, what do guys think of this test?

99% of me thinks this is a good thing and I am VERY interested in the outcome, however, 1% of me wonders if these guys REALLY know what they are doing, they have already said that this is an experiment and they don't 100% know what will happen.

Do you think that we should have been asked if this test should go ahead? Say it goes wrong and millions are killed (doubt it), don't you think we should have had a say?

The way I look at it, space is pretty mental if you think about it, especially if you try to think about what was before the so called "big bang", so in my opinion anything could happen and anything is possible, maybe a black hole will open and suck us all in :icon_biggrin:

Will we be the first race to wipe itself out?

2. Maddy

Maddy Member

3. dot design

dot design Member

4. Maddy

Maddy Member

That's worrying in itself...

5. Stationery Direct

Least it gives us a couple more months to live... then KABOOM! :icon_biggrin:

[​IMG]

6. Stationery Direct

Martin Rees, a physicist, has estimated the chance of an accelerator producing a global catastrophe at one in 50 million.

Which is about the same odds as winning some lotteries! It could be you!

7. Maddy

Maddy Member

So there is a chance... I don't see how they could KNOW what something like this is capable of. Outer space is a force to be reckoned with and now they're trying to recreate it on Earth. Worrying stuff I think!:icon_eek:

8. dot design

dot design Member

It's ok let them get on with it and see what happens, if it does go wrong we can just 'turn it off and turn it on' again....can't we?

:icon_eek:

9. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

I'm putting all my annoying jobs to the back of the queue. if the worlds about to end I want to get the good jobs done first :D