The Greatest Feedback Ever

Jimlad

My great-nephew was round today. He's a hyperactive 6 year-old with the attention-span of a gnat, the energy of duracell bunny on speed, and yet a surprising amount of verbal intelligence when calm. NOTHING holds his attention for long, but he often has something clever to say when it does.

He's never shown much interest in my work before, but today he was flicking through one of my little self-promotive booklets, and when he came to this image:
Rocket.jpg

...he stopped, grabbed my attention, pointed at the page and stated, as a concrete fact: "THIS. IS. COOL!"

So there you have it, the best feedback ever! :) Made me chuckle. I know I'm onto a winner now. Little kids are so funny.

That is really awesome Jim. Sounds like he was genuinely impressed. It's always a nice feeling when someone really likes your work, especially when its someone who means alot to you. I don't think I had ever seen that one of yours before, like it very much though. It's very clever take on Christmas elves.:)

Don't pay the rent? That was essential target-market research mate!

Drawing elves all day was brilliant. And the reindeers. Moles were a tad dull mind you, but what do you expect from moles?

Jimlad said:
Don't pay the rent? That was essential target-market research mate!

Drawing elves all day was brilliant. And the reindeers. Moles were a tad dull mind you, but what do you expect from moles?

Should of given them funny expressions...

Truth be told I don't think I ever had to draw the moles. Elves yes, reindeer, eskimoes, polar bears, baby polar bears, santa bears, victorian urchins, robots, and even santa himself... but never the moles.

My daughter (5) is really opinionated on my work, I find kids are the most honest and there's times I've been a bit peeved if I've put alot of time into something and she says she doesn't like it. :lol:

Haha cool, kids are pretty black and white about stuff! On the cover of the booklet I have an image of a cartoon character drawing himself in, which most adults kind of skim past, and my nephew REALLY pondered over it! And then said "You've got a cartoon drawing himself?" and then pondered some more. Brilliant reaction haha.

Back