Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The GDF Upgrade

Discussion in 'GDF Announcements:' started by Boss Hog, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Boss Hog

Boss Hog Administrator Staff Member

Hi everyone

Just to keep you all in the loop.

Firstly, sorry for the downtime over the past couple of days, we were upgrading the forum and as usual things were not as easy as it seems.

We will have the generic vBulletin skin for a few days but will be uploading the new skin early next week.

One last thing to note, the forum may be down for a few days around the weekend of the 3rd March as we are moving to a super fast new server :icon_smile:

Cheers

Damon

2. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

I was getting GDF withdrawal symptoms. Smiley icons don't appear to be working by the by.

3. Boss Hog

Seem to be working for me, in the quick reply box select the yellow smiley next to the font selector and a list of different smilies will pop up to choose from. :icon_smile:

4. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

When you skin it, please please go back to the old skin, this thing is starting to hurt my eyes :(

5. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

And I had to find my password! (Got a new one) Didn't think to click 'remember my login' DOH!

6. Boss Hog

Gonna be a new skin and loads lighter than the other, was too dark.

7. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

The temporary skin is confusing me, it just doesn't feel right... it's like BBC Sport all over again haha.

8. ARRIVALS

I look forward to the new skin! Don't get me started on BBC Sport!

9. Will we get Article-based CMS Publishing and mobile app with the new skin

10. Tony Hardy

I'd bloody love a mobile app haha! I'd never be off it.

11. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

That's a good call and I think VBull does it. Would be nice to have some 'website' around the forum.

12. dedwardp

dedwardp Member

Think that would also help for generating more users too, having some sort of site that they can read beforehand.

13. Boss Hog

I literally have no clue what this is, point me in the right direction....

14. Corrosive

Corrosive Moderator Staff Member

I was under the impression that there is a built in CMS with vBulletin so you can write articles etc. and basically build up a website with useful stuff to go with the forum. Could be wrong though. Perhaps the 'website with forums' I have seen use Wordpress or something for the rest of the website.

15. Boss Hog

Ahh I see, yeah you can upgrade vbulletin https://www.vbulletin.com/order/index.php?do=step1

..to include cms modules, mobile suite and facebook integration but to be honest it is well over my head. All these extras cost which isn't really a problem but what I don't have is time and the skills to integrate it and ensure it all works, anyone really know vBulletin well that may be interested in taking it a little further?

16. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Ooooooooooh.... New skin is pretty! The colour bars, reg and crop marks do kind of bugger my ideas for the Bleed Ink site redesign though!! :icon_smile:

17. Tony Hardy

I like it :) Now I can actually tell if there's new posts in each forum or not! :)

18. Boss Hog

Sorry about that but the idea has been there for the last 2 years :icon_wink:

19. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

hehehe. I currently have little or no enthusiasm towards design so it's likely that the Bleed Ink site will remain as is for the foreseeable future.

20. ARRIVALS

Oh I like this new skin. Loads of cool little elements in here, good job!