Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Gaming Thread

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by GrahamZ, Jan 6, 2010.

1. GrahamZ

GrahamZ Member

I'm new and don't know the rules on this but i thought this would be a good idea for discussions on games and gaming.
    I'm quite a big gamer myself.

Who will be buying the new Mass Effect on release?
  2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Graham,

Think we've had a few gaming threads in off-topic in the past, but they're probably quite old now, think we have quite a few keen gamers on DF! The only time I get is a few hours on the Wii, and that's usually Mario Kart online :)
  3. GrahamZ

GrahamZ Member

Yeah i'm getting used to the Wii myself, i bought the missus one for Christmas but we both know she wont get a shot...:)
    Could anyone recommend and good games for the Wii other than Mario or Zelda?
  4. tim

tim Senior Member

mario kart wii online!

(just to show off, i've got 9999vr :D)

i really wanna get mw2 on ps3, but everyone of my friends seem to have migrated to xbox now i've migrated the other way round :p
  5. GrahamZ

GrahamZ Member

Ahh i have no idea what "vr" is hence me being new to Wii (well Nintendo really)
    I have MW2 for the 360 and i must say never had quite as much fun getting abuse from 12 year olds. :D
  6. Greg

Greg Active Member

The new Wii Sports Resort is pretty fun :)
  7. GrahamZ

GrahamZ Member

This is have good sir, Is Resident Evil 4 any good for Wii. It's just shooters on Wii tend to make me very frustrated.
  8. tim

tim Senior Member

yeah at my friend's house we were playing mw2 on 360, and we were getting absolutely smashed, so we went on voice chat with them and just shouted abuse and kept saying "YOU SUCK BALLS"! :lol:

was a funny hour.
  9. Greg

Greg Active Member

Never really tried any shooters on the Wii... maybe the Wii gun makes them better, not sure?
  10. GrahamZ

GrahamZ Member

Yeah i have a phrase which i use quite alot which always makes the "enemy" quiet in about 0.3277163 seconds.
    I can't say I'd get banned. :p

Yeah true, I may get Brawl?
  11. tim

tim Senior Member

brawl kicks ass!
  12. GrahamZ

GrahamZ Member

Well I'll get it
    [OFF TOPIC] Is there much professional designers on this site or is it mainly freelancers and people who do design as a hobby, or even a good mixture of them all?
  13. tim

tim Senior Member

haha i just look like a randomer dont i :D

and we have big ass people like berry, who is also a managing director at Armadillo Creative: Marketing Communications - Design, Web, SEO - which i guess is pretty big.

we have harry roberts (a developer) who's a complete geek but has his works used at universities and is/was part of an award winning design company. CSS Wizardry — CSS, Web Standards, Typography, Grids

we have chris mitchell, who's, well, i dunno, he does, something...?

people lie anagoge who has done some pretty amazing work for pretty big companies. The Work Of Neil Martin

there's also one person on here from new york who's worked with MGMT, the newer james bond film, big film games etc, i'll try find his user on here, but he doesnt turn up too often.

then we have people like me, who's inbetween 6/7 things at the same time, who generally loves the community more than anything.
  14. GrahamZ

GrahamZ Member

Wow some really nice work there from both armadillo and CSS,
    I suppose you can add me to that list i'm not boss but some of these designs and signage i done personally.

APB Displays

Some big names in there including Ferrari and Frankie and Benny's.
    I do quite alot in the job I fit the signs, design, print, produce, deliver etc.
  15. tim

tim Senior Member

woooww that's sweet.

quite a bit of work behind you then!
  16. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Definitely getting Mass Effect 2. Loved the first one! :up:
  17. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

ha i didn't think anyone else played mariokart wii online
  18. GrahamZ

GrahamZ Member

Yeah I'm really lucky my mate actually taught me the basics of photoshop and I'm the one who got a job out of it... so he's quite shocked, as you can imagine.

Yeah my girlfriend just bought me the game again as it broke about 2 years ago.
    I'm going through it again as a BAD ASS BIOTIC so i can use him in Mass Effect 2.
    Should be a sweet game.
  19. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

Ah games games games games... [dribble] ... -ahem-

Mass Effect was absolutly phenomenal when it came out. Nothing else like it. Think I played as a ... I forget the terms now but it was half psychic and half gunner. Did anyone actually read ALL of those encyclopaedia entries!? I won't be buying the sequel unless it turns over to the PS3 side though.

I'm dying to get my hands on Assassin's Creed II and Uncharted 2, plus a few others, though I haven't been buying any games since oh... October now so I've been getting into my older ones. Been playing the immense Fallout 3 and Oblivion to death for months and am now actually starting to to get into (wait for it) LittleBigPlanet. Mock you may but its a fun little game and the internet people keep making new levels to play!

I'd love to work in the industry in terms of concept art, character design, storyboarding etc. Though at the moment even the high turnover QA Tester jobs are tough to get!
  20. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I went from the 360 to the PS3.
    I felt dirty having a Microsoft product in the house...and it broke, like they do.;)

Santa did bring a Wii for use and it's kinda fun.