The Furious Thread of Rage!!

• Thread starter Stationery Direct
  • Start date

scotty

scotty

Staff member
A good mate of mine sent me this screenshot of a text enquiry he had.

I mean.... what happened to "Okay, thanks"?
Sounds like a dream client. ;)

Attachments

@GCarlD

@GCarlD

That can't be real. That must be someone your mate knows personally, rather than a potential client surely?

scotty

scotty

Staff member
That can't be real. That must be someone your mate knows personally, rather than a potential client surely?
LOL! No. It's totally legitimate. o_O
A text enquiry out of the blue.
He has his number on his web-site.

Just got off the phone to him and he told me that between getting the first text and him replying the next day, the person had called him at 5.30 am waking him up as he checked the number against the text.
He didn't answer it as he didn't recognise the number.

Can you just imagine if he'd agreed to work for them?

SHUDDER! :eek:

Paul Murray

Paul Murray

Staff member
That guy definitely sounds like the sort of client that is happy to pay the going rate, up-front, with no amends, and be completely happy with the job…

scotty

scotty

Staff member
That guy sounds like he should be locked in a small room and not allowed to have kids to start with. ;)

Wardy

Wardy

He's the kind of bloke I'd like to see go up against Winslow in The Walking Dead. Google it! ;)

scotty

scotty

Staff member
Mate! No need to Google. :D

You're not wrong though.
I'd pay to see that. "Use the walls!"
I could imagine him rocking up to paint a kids bedroom to find a stereotypical shave head, tattoos, can of 'Wife Beater', pit bull type person.

Edit. Shouldn't stereotype. He's probably a lovely person......NOT!

Paul Murray

Paul Murray

Staff member
I'll graffiti their kid's room for them, so long as they're happy with a crude spray painted penis and the words "MUZZER WOZ ERE CHILLIN 2K+17"

S

susan maher

Analysis(y)
Client probably suffers from RS ( rejection sensitivity disorder) a disposition of anxious expectation, ready perception and overreaction to rejection . Having a sense of entitlement on behalf of his child combined with the designers lack of willingness to drop everything for the honour bestowed on him to support client in meeting the needs of his narcissistic off-spring would understandably trigger rage in such an individual. Not to mention, ego- injury based on the perception the designer indicated that client was in some way stupid?

Attachments

Wardy

Wardy

Eh?!

So it's a glorified receptionist and you do some graphic design and illustration(!?) when
you get a few minutes! No mention of the graphics you might need to do!

scotty

scotty

Staff member
It seems to be for someone to answer call outs for plumbing services.

...but why call the role a "Graphic Designer and Illustrator"?

£12 an hour plus unsociable hours also confuses me. :(

Paul Murray

Paul Murray

Staff member
I was in Bury last weekend checking out their famous market. There's a bloke in a little van selling potatoes. Not jacket potatoes. New potatoes. Just boiled. Covered in butter. He had a queue a mile long and I was constantly seeing people walking around eating from their plastic tray of spuds.

Does that seem like a weird thing to sell to anyone else?

scotty

scotty

Staff member
It might be just a 'Bury' think but....

Gently cooking cannabis in butter is a way of extracting the THC for oral consumption.
I remember a guy selling mushrooms in garlic butter at Thorsby Market and he was making a killing too.

Just a thought? ;)

Paul Murray

Paul Murray

Staff member
People buy tubs of hot sweetcorn with butter on top which just seems weird to me, but apparently, my idea for selling Yorkshire puds with a choice of meat on the streets doesn't fly anywhere outside of Yorkshire.