Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Furious Thread of Rage!!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Stationery Direct, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

This is a new thread started by popular demand, if you need to vent some anger then please feel free below.

I'll start....

Had a call today from a lady where she started in a very aggressive tone...

HER:
    I received a consignment number for a delivery that is supposed to arrive today, it hasn't arrived and I have taken a day off work to wait for it. I really needed that delivery today and I am absolutley fuming that it hasn't arrived. I have phoned the courier who say they don't even have the consignment number, what is going on, your service so far is awful!!!!

ME:
    Let me take some details and I will see what has happened. Can I have your name please?

She gives her name and I look on the system, can't find her so I search by the consignment number she provides, nothing comes up.

ME:
    What is it you have ordered?

HER:
    An exercise bike!

ME:
    We are a printing company.

HER:
    Hangs up the phone.

Obviously at this point I am not a happy bunny....1471, phone her back....

ME:
    Next time you phone a wrong number the decent thing to do is apologise, not to hang up!.....I then hang up, some people :icon_cursing:

2. :icon_rolleyes: oh dear! Would be a good USP if you offered Bikes too :icon_biggrin:

I don't like it when someone calls trying to sell something, being pushy and never ending and then when it's clear I am not interested they hang up!! :icon_cursing:

Pauline

3. PrincipalDesign

PrincipalDesign New Member

What you need is a pack of "Balloons of Fury"

will help you out a lot for moments just like that... ;-)

4. JMCDesigner

JMCDesigner Member

I'm sick of recruitment agencies who bend over backwards to get you to sign up with them, once they do that's the last you hear from them. Or the ones that really get my goat are the agencies that put up fake adds on jobsites just to get more recruits. I'm mostly talking about *cough*Aquent*cough*avoid like the plague*cough*

5. Helen

Helen Member

ooh what a great thread..... I will probably be in here a lot!

I was particularly pissed off last Thurs. I was on the A55 to Wales when some stupid woman almost took the nose off the front of my car. I had to slam on and swerve slightly into the central reservation. I flashed her and honked her, but she didn't even acknowledge she had done anything wrong!

I was livid, more so because I had my family in the car. Wanted to give her a good slapping!

Which gets me onto another subject about driving - Lane discipline.... or lack of it.
    I hate it when people cut you up on roundabouts or drift into your lane on bends, because they are too bloody lazy to stay in their own.

6. printingdeals

printingdeals Member

That is extremely polite and decent attitude of you.... I might have taught her some serious lesson..

7. Stationery Direct

he he, I'm not so polite with sales calls :icon_biggrin:

PrintGarments likes this.
  8. NeedForBleed

NeedForBleed Member

Don't get me started on roadrage.

I'm generally quite a nervous person, but some people should just have their pedals taken away so that they're not allowed to pull out of their driveways. On a weekly basis, I get some muppet grinding to a halt before joining the motorway, when you're meant to keep the car moving.

Then people seem to brake with no traffic in view. And roundabouts, oh they deserve a topic of rage on their own.

9. Stationery Direct

...people that pull out on you last minute and then trundle along, seriously, if you are in that much of a rush to make me break hard at least put your foot down!

10. Minuteman Press

Minuteman Press Moderator

I still haven't received my exercise bike.

Edward likes this.
  11. Stationery Direct

:icon_biggrin:

12. yogavenger

yogavenger New Member

I'm sick to death!

Grrrr… :icon_cursing:

I'm sick to death of being utterly transparent with clients over costs and have them quibble about the bill at the end. Only in this business can you have someone say, "yes, I would like this and that but at the end I will complain about the size of the bill and therefore only pay you for this."

I feel better after the rant – Wow, this thread is very cathartic! :icon_biggrin:

13. bigdave

bigdave Moderator Staff Member

Anyone want a proof reader?

Ours is becoming a right royal pain in the arse!! She seems to think shes company director, creative director, sales rep & all round ruler of the world!

Sorry love but if I put a font in bold its because I, the DESIGNER feel its needed or has been requested by the customer! Stop telling me how to do my job!

14. LovesPrint

LovesPrint Member

Isn't it awful?? We get it from all angles, the sales staff, the 'upstairs' staff. Grr.

15. NeedForBleed

NeedForBleed Member

If I was a firework, I'd be globally illegal.

16. Joe

Joe New Member

I work for a market research company in the day, it can be fcuking soul destroying!

The dept manager is a complete cnut- you know that machine in the film The Fly, it looks like Margaret Thatcher and Montgomery Burns have got stuck in that and she's the hideous mutated result... I seriously suspect that Mien Kampf is her bed time reading she runs the place like a bloody gulag I have to swipe out to unlock the office door to take a sh1t! :icon_cursing: :icon_cursing: If her brain was as big as her hunchback she'd be dangerous........................ w@nker! :icon_Wall:

do I owe you any money?
    :icon_notworthy:

17. SparkCreative

SparkCreative Member

Right with you on that one. If I'm turning right on a roundabout nowadays, I've just learned to expect that the person on the outside of me going straight on will drift across into my lane and then out again. And if you beep them, they have no idea what they've done. AAAAAAAARRRRRRGHGHHH!

18. NeedForBleed

NeedForBleed Member

Name plaques, each on a 200x80 piece of glass, require a pdf for approval. The names are of celebrities, and will be vinyl cut. So my pdf shows 12 names, upper and lower case (24 in total), as that was the brief. So to make life easier for the other parties, I make a multi page pdf. Get a sodding call from the rep, "can we separate the pdf please?" whyyyyyyy? you stupid stupid person.:icon_cursing:

19. yogavenger

yogavenger New Member

A tender recipe

1 x job tender
    (many) x man hours of work for visuals & presentation
    2 x people to present

-1 x head of dept. (who is making the choice on the tender and who leaves without saying a word during the presentation)

= waste of time :icon_thumbdown:

I accept (begrudgingly) that tenders are part of this business, but after meticulously developing and communicating a sweet idea, is it too much to have a client sit in their frickin' seat for the duration of the show? You know? So they can at least appreciate the work that has gone into it.

Apparently so…

On the plus side, we are so busy anyway my eyes are turning square(ish)… :icon_eek:

20. LovesPrint

LovesPrint Member

They are even more stupid because they can't separate it themselves! I feel your pain