Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the footer of this little site..

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by bamme, Feb 16, 2011.

1. bamme

bamme Senior Member

hi everyone

im having a small irritation with this website im making for a friend:

iCore Couriers - Courier South East England, Same Day Courier Services UK

exemplified in the screenshot attached - if you zoom out when viewing the page, or have a large screen, you can see the bottom 'end' of the footer, where the blue stops, and you see the black background colour of the body underneath the footer.

I want the footer's blue colour to span all the way to the bottom of the page despite how much a user zooms out. I wondered if anyone knew how to do that?

My css for the footer currently is:

#footer {    background: url("img/footer.jpg") repeat-x left top #2E394F;    clear: both;    font-size: 0.9em;    height: 81px;    padding: 15px 0 0;    width: 100%;}
    I've tried to make my #leftcolumn and #rightcolumn (make up the 2 columns in the main content area, please see page source) height to 100%, and also the footer height to 100%. This doesn't work. (forgive me I am a junior!)

2. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

3. bamme

bamme Senior Member

sorry sunburn didn't see this reply notification in my inbox! thank you - ill give this a try now :)
  4. bamme

bamme Senior Member

5. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

could just use absolute position?