Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The coolest conference table in existance!

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by br3n, Jun 10, 2009.

1. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Heres what happens when one of the worlds best design agencies decides to design its own conference table.. I personally love just about everything eric jordan designs and this ticks all the boxes for me!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More here: PLAT4M - The Official Blog of 2Advanced Studios

2. berry

berry Active Member

Now Brendan, as a furniture designer - tell me you haven't had a wet dream over this?
    I bet you're getting some A2 posters done for frames! I think the photography helps.
    But I'll take your judgement and opinion that this is the Bees Knees. I'm glad you're happy tho ;)

3. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Exactly! I was so happy to see something that actually exists and people can interact with on a physical basis!

You're right the photography does help but most furniture designers/companies put little effort into the display of their products - I love the style the renders were done in and it does look like a very cool office!

During college I wrote a small essay on Eric Jordan but I couldn't find much information on him, So I made a lot of stuff up on the basis that if I couldn't find it the teachers couldn't either! :p

Anyways, When you decide to deck the Armadillo Creative offices out with some new gear you know where to come right? :p

4. I feel that if you had a conference table like that, you'd need to have a Bond villain at one end :lol:

5. berry

berry Active Member

not too keen on the chairs though

6. tim

tim Senior Member

chairs look amazing.

but the desk? ikea do better.

7. br3n

br3n Senior Member

Chairs im pretty sure are Herman Miller. Supposedly the most comfortable office chairs available and the only ones to offer full support. When you know these things you start to recognise them everywhere... My girlfriend was a bit conused when I got excited and pointed out that Frasier (as in the tv prgram) has an eames chair in his lounge :p Its like pointing out helvetica to someone who has no idea or interest in typography.

Herman Miller - Mirra Chair
    Mirra

Tim... Thats just rude!

8. Tims young.. probably not seen any furniture other than plastic outdoor furniture or IKEA... LOL

9. berry

berry Active Member

This is Tims Chair, it has a nice rest for his laptop:D

[​IMG]

10. awww i wonder if he likes the bright colours to keep his attention :p

11. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I'll be honest as a product designer I think its rather bland and simplistic considering what they could have done. All they did was make a few cut outs for the speakerphone/projector etc when they could have easily integrated them into the the design of that table.

And the legs aren't even being used for anything other than support, theres a lot of usable space in them.

12. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

I don't get it.. Does it make you dinner and do your food shopping?

13. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

i could do with one of those, stop me spilling my food!

14. tim

tim Senior Member

actually... this is mine.

[​IMG]

15. no image is showing Tim... just thought I would let you know :)

16. berry

berry Active Member

I wasn't going to tell him!!!!

17. tim

tim Senior Member

it is for me....

18. berry

berry Active Member

Maybe we have to get special Tim-ater magic glasses.

19. aren't they beer goggles?

20. tim

tim Senior Member

i like beer goggles.

seen the beer+construction hat? YUM