The city of Burnley rebrands with a terrible logo.

i dislike, it might work on a large scale as an identiy like a piece of art, but i think they should do the logo as a simplified version of it, so its more scalable, if it cant work in the small image they have there i cant see it working, especially not for print, and things like that?!?!?

Z

Ignoring any of the fundamental issues like scale and greyscale etc I think I can see where they were trying to go with the design. As it was done in 3D it can easily be animated etc too so it can be used on a multitude of media.

I probably wouldn't have come up with that as an end result as it does look a little like a childs scribble but its got the town mentioned and its being talked about, Burnley still wouldn't be somewhere I'd go to unless it was to see a client though.

h freezy, it says in the article - £110,000

probably in the 100's of thousands of pounds.. I know a mate of mine worked on the new Auckland city logo and got paid a bucket load to do it... he took about 20 minutes to design it I think :lol:

don't think it's worth more than 10 grand:p, it's nice to have freaking rich clients with big budgets. The bosses can also inflate the price and get a cut from the design agency also.

I'm undecided as yet, I think the lo-res image on the Lancashire Telegraph website probably doesn't do it justice.

Interesting where they say...

"He added that the town had beaten stiff competiton from others who had been interested in using the logo".

So the logo already existed?

It does look a bit like a pile of rubber bands though

12466340205iArU8.jpg

Here the totally cracking logo for the Beacon Centre shopping 'Mall' North Shields.
Everytime I see it I weep. and Berry and his gang are just down the road. God knows what the council payed for it?

Attachments

• header_logo.jpg
    header_logo.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 10
Its probably been a case of Design By Commitee.

I reckon a clear clean simple version of the logo was designed, presented and selected.

Then to make themselves look busy - some arseholes at the council will have said -

" Can you make it bigger"

"We need it to be fresher"

"Make more squiggles - it must be accessible to all cultural backgrounds"

"Have you thought about comic sans"

'more yellowy"

"My daughter is good at word and publisher - this is what she thinks you should do"

Cue designers cutting their wrists, account managers banging their heads, and council arseholes looking very pleased with themselves.

Result: A ****e logo.

" Can you make it bigger"

"We need it to be fresher"

"Make more squiggles - it must be accessible to all cultural backgrounds"

"Have you thought about comic sans"

'more yellowy"

"My daughter is good at word and publisher - this is what she thinks you should do

lmfao :p too true!

Back