The Chicago Neighborhoods

Sneaky link through your website ;)

I really like it. I love branding like this, that is simply white vector shape on an array of photography. Some look a little slapped on, (see Englewood) but most look really good. I guess in America there are a lot more distinct neighborhoods in every city. How many could you do for Newcastle?

I know it was a little sneaky, I felt a tiny bit guilty about that, I might edit the text so people know where they're going haha :)

I think for Newcastle there could be quite a few. There's City Centre, Byker, Walker, Jarrow, Jesmond, Wallsend, Heaton. That's without even thinking about it.

I'd be quite interested to "map the UK" and get designers from everywhere around the UK to make them for their respective cities and see if we can get a map made.

I've only been in Blackpool for a year or so, so probably don't have the knowledge off the top of my head. I can research it though. From what I do know, Blackpool really isn't that big and there isn't really many different neighborhoods. There's a few towns either side of Blackpool but whether they're classed as Blackpool or or considered their own town I don't know.

I was in Bristol for 17 odd years so'd probably have better luck with that.

I think the UK mapped via logo designs sounds really interesting and something i would be willing to collaborate on!

If we excluded districts for now and went for main cities, what have we got covered;

I live in Newcastle and I lived in Leeds for 3 or 4 years so I could cover them two maybe? What's anyone else got?

Cool. Maybe to get some sort of cohesion going we should sort out some Photoshop actions for the backgrounds and the like.

I'll have a think on about this and see what I can come up with.

I do like the look of the black and white / greyscale version of Chicago. It's very moody and to me, makes the white logos stand out more. I guess it depends on whether you want to put your own spin on it, or are happy with something that looks like that version, but a different country.

I'm from London but lived in Preston for uni. I'd love to be involved in this!
Probably could do north, south, east and west london as well as all around the UK with the people here!

I'm still thinking about how we could make this work. I guess we'd need to set up some rules/guidelines and purchase a domain for it. I'll see what I can do.

Back