Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brits???

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Feb 19, 2009.

1. berry

berry Active Member

Was the Brits sh*t???? or was it me?
    The whole thing seemed so forced and contrived. U2 were crap from the off- it was Prince's Sign of the Times............. Kylie was pretty but crap.

2. tim

tim Senior Member

The Brits are generally crap, i dunno what the obsession is! And Kylie is not pretty! Try Megan Fox.

3. Never seen the point of the Brits... or any award ceremonies to be honest... but thats just me..

4. tim

tim Senior Member

#HI5 Chris! There is no point, just jack the winners even more up their own a*ses than usual!

5. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Kinda saw it, but I'm not big into new music anyway. I much prefer The Kinks era stuff. Regardless of that though I can't be doing with self inflated pop acts who - in the grand scheme of things - mean little to nothing.
    Christ I'm 18! I have the mind of a fifty year old cab driver haha.

6. LOL

Well Timbo I think that its been pointless to congratulate people who earn too much money for creating stuff like that - same with any awards.. web awards included... who gives a shit.. honestly.. I have a few design awards and I don't care about them.. they live in a box at my parents place and will stay there until I want to melt them down to make a nice metal like hat or metal trousers :stylin': LOL

7. Greg

Greg Active Member

Didn't watch any of it, was out a basketball game which our team won by 50 points so think I made the right decision there!

LOL that's quote of the day for me! :lol:

8. Is there a way of setting that on the front page Greg? Quote of the day? LOL :) just a thought that it would be funny :)

9. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Nicely done! Haven't trounced anyone like that since we beat a team 110-40 a couple of years back. Great feeling isn't it?! I need to get back into it again, haven't played in well over 6 months. How long you been playing?

10. Greg

Greg Active Member

That would be quite cool!
    But annoying to manually update each morning, once the DF blog is up & running (not long now!) I could do a round-up each week, pick 7 of the best quotes, 7 best threads & 7 new members or something :D

11. Greg

Greg Active Member

Awesome! Another baller on the forums! :D and yeah was great our final score was 118-63! (55 before anyone points out I can't count lol)

I've been playing since I was 12, so about 12 years now! That makes me feel old...
    Just play in a local league, after playing for 2 other teams in the league over the last few seasons I decided to setup my own local team with a friend.

Here's some design related stuff I did for the new setup;
    http://www.designforums.co.uk/off-topic-chat/79-my-basketball-team.html
    Thanet Rhinos Logo & Web Design GregFindley.com

You should get back into playing, is there a local team you can join?

12. Yeah that would be very funny :)

How is the DF blog thing going? :)

13. I used to play Rugby in New Zealand.. never had the right skill for Basket Ball LOL

14. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yeah could be quite a cool little feature, and would add some excitement to seeing the new post each week, although I wonder if people will be aiming for quote of the week :p

Yeah it's going OK, just been struggling to find time to get onto it as been very busy with client projects.. not much longer now though :cool:

15. always good to be busy.. i know the feeling mate...

16. Harry

Harry Senior Member

Haha, I've been playing since I was about 12 but only seriously since about 14/15. Just started being able to dunk before I stopped too, so I bet I will have really dropped in standard since.

Yeah I used to play for my school/6th Form (got to national quarter finals one year :clap:) and an open age league but that was much more chilled and 'for fun', though we did finish second one season. I think I will go pay 'em a visit sometime soon, catch up with some old mates, have fun and lose some weight at the same time. It's a win win win situation!

17. Greg

Greg Active Member

Cool sounds good, which school/6th form was that? Our school team/6th form was rubbish, unfortunately the school only had interest in rugby or cricket when it came to sports!! and yeah you should definitely get back into it, I had a couple of years out after 6th form as there was no local league team I could play in at that time, but have loved getting back into it :)

18. Harry

Harry Senior Member

The worst one ever. And we were seriously underfunded too, playing with Spalding plastic/trutex balls on broken nets. Wow, just had to recheck the thread title haha. The Brits were rubbish.

19. Greg

Greg Active Member

lol yeah sorry Brits has spun off to basketball.. sorry guys!
    Least it's in the Off-Topic section :angel:

20. Elekate

Elekate Member

The Brits did seem a bit weird this year, and the nominees were crap!

Apart from Kings Of Leon :clap:

Most of the bands never heard of before, like how did they make it onto the Brits?!

I don't even like the Brits (My Mate made me watch it when I was at hers) :mad: