Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Brit Awards

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Feb 17, 2010.

1. berry

berry Active Member

just a few questions:
    1. Is Florence Welch really a bloke? sometimes she looks like a drag queen......
    2. Was Jonathan Ross a berk?
    3. Did Cheryll Cole mime?
    4. Peter Kay was funny!
    5. Did anyone understand a single word Dizzee sang with Florence?
    6. Lady Gaga looked a prat
    7. Robbie looked a prat when no-one sang along - It wasn't Glastonbury, Robbie.

2. xxmissbirdyxx

xxmissbirdyxx Senior Member

OI! Dont abuse lady gaga - she is original and unique! Leave her alone! lol

3. ralphsaunders

ralphsaunders Senior Member

Yes, because dressing like a weirdo is original. >_>

4. xxmissbirdyxx

What is classed as not weird then?

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

a normal sane person who doesn't feel the need to dress up like elton john or cher :rolleyes:

6. xxmissbirdyxx

Pahhh leave her alone i love her! Makes her interesting and unique and not like every other dull person out there!

7. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

the thing is she isn't really doing anything new, it's all been done before by cher, madonna, elton john, cindy lauper etc during the 80-90's, mind you some of the youngens on here probably don't remember that period :)

8. allyally2k

allyally2k Senior Member

Florence is great her album is class so glad she won that.
    Cheryl was definitely miming!
    Yep, Peter Kay was funny.
    Lady GaGa looked scary and kinda like cotton wool but hey she sure can sing!

9. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

I think Lady Gargoyle rocks, did you see the duet with Elton John at the Grammys? Pretty cool, an I'm not even a big fan. In fact the grammy's was much better than the Brits overall. If you've not seen Pink do her acrobatics before, google it.

Yes, Florence is an occasional bloke, Woss is a twat can't help but laugh at him though, his poor kids must be so embarrased, poor Cheryl Cole too, someone really fooked up the syncing of the song, sure she'll be OK when she gets £22million out of her divorce though :lol:

:D Thought Dizzie was OK, not sure about the florence and the machine version of you got the love though, wish he/she just stuck to her own music, which is awesome. Not a patch on The Source's version, and Frankie Knuckles Your Love that's for sure...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOLE1YE_oFQ[/YOUTUBE]

10. xxmissbirdyxx

Yesss i remember them - and yeah shes just the madonna of my time! Did you slate madonna and all them for what they did?

No.

So leave gaga alone lol!

11. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Dnt say a bad word about Gaga when missbirdy is around she'll have ya neck! LMAO!

Never watched Brit awards however Dizzee is whack! His older stuff such as the Boy In Da Corner were wicked!

12. berry

berry Active Member

too bloody right we did!!!

13. xxmissbirdyxx

Grrrr! Well shush ya pie holes! haha!

14. berry

berry Active Member

I still can't see this Lady Gaga thing. Maybe I'm just old!

15. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

haha! I LOL when I read that one

16. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

It's all over my head. I just don't like it....
    I have listened to Lady(boy) GaGa....my 9 year old has it.
    It's nowt to write home about and as for the weird outfits it's just shock value. Been done.
    She's a NY stripper that got lucky...probably blew the right person at the right time in the right place.

Mrs. Cole was defo miming out of sync as well.
    I do however quite like her new CD...or 'record'.

Teeny bands voted by Teenies and Sun readers....nuff said.

17. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

Brit Awards... is it like the NME Awards ?

(and I support people who can't stand Lady Gaga. I prefer the "Lady madonna" song of The Beatles.)

In french "gaga" means to be ... "too much" , especially with pets, for example when you treat your pet like a child. Has it the same meaning in english ?

18. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Yes, exactly the same, but much worse :D

19. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Much worse.

20. Lunera

Lunera Senior Member

There are funny awards at the NME Awards that don't exist in "Les Victoires de la Musique", as "best dressed" or "worst dressed", "worst album", "sexiest male".
    And there are bands that I know and like. (for instance when I watch the "NRJ Music Awards", I hear songs that I don't really like... or that I don't like at all)