Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Berlin Wall - Documentary

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by WEBIAN, Aug 13, 2011.

WEBIAN Senior Member

2. cicak

cicak Junior Member

I agree any video or any visual aids can easily be understood. Are you from Germany Webian?

WEBIAN Senior Member

I'm British, but I feel very sensitive about human issues. The Berlin Wall is something that has always shocked me and I've often wondered why it is only mentioned rarely on TV. At least in my opinion it is.

I notice that many people don't know who built it and why; they only know that it was something unwanted and that everyone was happy when it was demolished. That isn't enough, is it? Germany is only round the corner and there are people out there who still suffer the consequences of that period. Can you imagine what it would be like if suddenly you're separated from your girlfriend because she lives in an area of your town that has become forbidden?

... so, I thought I'd post that video, because unlike the other ones I've found, it seems to illustrate the situation a bit more clearly. So, hopefully those who watch it won't forget about it. At least it is a good starting point for making other searches about this topic, I think.
  4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

I helped knock the wall down in 1990. I still have some bits.
  5. cool :D has your piece got any graffiti on it?
  6. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Sure have. I hacked it off myself...

Attached Files: