• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

The Avengers Poster

davewill

Hi guys, I know some of you follow my work so I thought Id share it on here. Ive been working on a series of Marvel inspired posters over the past year. In the past Ive produced posters for Thor, Captain America and X-Men First Class. Today I have just completed the latest poster in the series for the upcoming movie 'The Avengers'. The poster is below, Id appreciate any feedback you guys may have.

Attachments

Jimlad

It took me about 3 views to spot the eagle! Maybe some kind of outline would make it more obvious? Nice work.

davewill

thanks guys, i know its subtle jim but thats kind of what i was aiming for. I did try it with a keyline originally but i thought it made it too obvious then, i like the fact that people will look at it for a few seconds before they realise what it is! (plus obviously having some knowledge of the avengers and the shield logo helps)

ye i like the subtle styling of the images, I can understand where Jim's coming from and would be good to see it with some line work but in all, I like it.

davewill

thanks Captainrage, if it were possible for a human to marry a poster I would happily give my consent.

Typo, apoligies but I cant answer your question, I have no knowledge of tanks at all! (I even had to google what a British Army FV 432 APC was!)

I can assure you however that all of the illustrations are acurately based on scenes from the movie via a combination of screenshots, watching the movie, posters and on-set shots I found on google, so you may very well be correct, but that is an accurate representation of the props and vehicles used in the movie.

edit: just for those interested, ill be selling a few copies of the Avengers poster at 6pm tonight on my blog (see my signature below)

personally I'm not too keen on the x-men one, firstly because I'm an enormous x-men fan so can be a tough critique, but also because I'm a perfectionist and those x-men need feet! lol

davewill

fair point Ben! it was an intentional choice to not add feet, the style was quite minimalist and angular and the idea was to create the shapes of the 2 main characters through some basic geometic shapes. I appreciate your feedback though, its always useful to get honest critique, especially from an XMen fanatic!

Jimlad

Well if we're going there... the Hulk usually has a much higher and smaller nose!
I love the X-Men: First Class and Thor posers the most, methinks. I like the retro angular style.