Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thanks, Like or both?

Discussion in 'GDF Feedback & Help:' started by Stationery Direct, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct Administrator Staff Member

Just a quick one.

You will notice when posting that to the left of a post is the 'Thanks' button and to the right within the post itself is the 'Like' text. My question is which do you prefer or do you think both are needed?

I prefer the integration of the 'like' text so considering removing the 'thanks' altogether, as essentially aren't they both the same?

Thoughts???

2. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Sometimes, Boss, you 'like' the comment because it's funny/made you laugh.
    And sometimes you need to 'thank' someone or a good piece of advice or they helped you in some way and deserve a 'thank-you'.
    Perhaps we could have chocolates instead of 'thanks'...

3. Stationery Direct

Thanks Kate

Actually yeah if you put it like that maybe both are required, ha ha, yeah maybe i'll change it to Chocolates or Flowers.

4. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

Yeah - I'm happy with Chocolates or Flowers!!

5. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

Do they have any relevance within the forum? I liked the old "Thanks" system, but this new one was a little difficult to find at first.

6. Stationery Direct

Yeah i'm gonna move the thanks button over to the right by the 'Reply' link etc, should make it easier to find.

7. Edge

Edge Active Member

whoops - I hadn't even noticed either were there until you mentioned it....

8. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Agree with Kate here. I must be honest though - until you mentioned it I thought they were the same thing.