Text on a picture with a lot of background noise

Jakub

Hi all!

I'm new to this forum, I've been messing around in photoshop since I was about 8, but never worked on anything too serious (mainly on my own projects).

I've got a bit of a problem, as I'm trying to make a facebook cover photo, but I'm unable to make the text and logo stand out and look professional on the picture I'm using. Could anyone give me any ideas? Perhaps guide me on what I can do. I'm happy to hear any possibilities.

The text is meant to say "APRENDA INGLÊS EM QUALQUER LUGAR!" (doesn't matter if it's in capitals or not, as long as it looks professional and neat). I'd preferably like the text and logo to be on the left of me.

I'm uploading the cover photo along with the logo.

Thank you in advance! :)

Attachments

• newestlogoseptember1500.png
    newestlogoseptember1500.png
    103.3 KB · Views: 11
  • Untitled-911.jpg
    Untitled-911.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 12
Could be wrong about this (I'm not a fan of facebook so hardly use it) but I'm pretty sure they don't allow text in the main photos.

In order to make your text and logo stand out from the background image try creating contours around your wording and your logo( white, black or color); then paste the results in your image, reduce to 72 pixels and download on facebook.

Could be wrong about this (I'm not a fan of facebook so hardly use it) but I'm pretty sure they don't allow text in the main photos.

There's a limit to how much you can include if it's a paid campaign, but I think anything goes if it's just a regular cover photo. Not that you should just because you can of course.

Re the original post:-

Personally with the image in question I'd probably just stick a box (or a circle etc) somewhere with the text on top of it & then reduce the opacity to around 50% so you can still see the image showing through. This is a cover photo I did for a gig earlier in the year.
petenjack.jpg

Alternatively you could use the brightness and contrast settings to fade the picture out to the point where your text is legible, or if you aren't worried about how pretty it is, use text with a contrasting stroke in the manner of every meme floating around the internet:

design-memes-5.jpg

There's a limit for ads, and it's very picky. Too much text and your visibility gets penalised. You can check if Facebook will allow your ad image by using this tool – https://www.facebook.com/ads/tools/text_overlay

If you get a green tick you should be ok for a cover photo, but don't quote me on that. Best to avoid having anything other than a logo on a cover photo to be sure.

There's a limit to how much you can include if it's a paid campaign, but I think anything goes if it's just a regular cover photo. Not that you should just because you can of course.

Re the original post:-

Personally with the image in question I'd probably just stick a box (or a circle etc) somewhere with the text on top of it & then reduce the opacity to around 50% so you can still see the image showing through. This is a cover photo I did for a gig earlier in the year.
View attachment 5428

Alternatively you could use the brightness and contrast settings to fade the picture out to the point where your text is legible, or if you aren't worried about how pretty it is, use text with a contrasting stroke in the manner of every meme floating around the internet:

View attachment 5429

It is just a normal cover photo for the page, not fb ads. I like the first idea, although I'd like to make it look a bit more professional. I did sort of try to do that, but it didn't work out too well.

I won't even comment on the MEME one hahahahha. I'm looking to get my fb graphics/site graphics done by myself as I'm on a tight budget, but I don't want it looking like some kind of 1992 website on aliens :(

I mean I've done this but it looks a bit out of place, to say the least, lol. The text just seems to simple.

Attachments

• Untitled-911111.jpg
    Untitled-911111.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 12
¡Perfecto!

Maybe try a few different fonts, something a bit friendlier or hand drawn?

Back