Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tenerife??

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by sarah, Jun 25, 2009.

1. sarah

sarah Member

Random question for everyone...A while back i asked for ideas on somewhere to go on holiday in September..I still can't decide and i need to book something now arggg.

Has anyone been to Tenerife, and what is it like? Is it a bit young and clubby, or can it be coupley as well?

Any comments please!!!

2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

3. tim

tim Senior Member

helpful answer there from Onartis!

i'd say it's pretty young, but your picture doesn't say you wouldn't fit in with that.

meh, apart from that, it has sun, and booze, why not?

4. Sunburn

Sunburn Active Member

Tim you smooth talker you. lol

5. sarah

sarah Member

ha ha yeah i'm fine with it being young, just not so fine with endless groups of lads with "Lads on tour" "Stinky28" "Lazyboy" all over their pink t shirts!

6. tim

tim Senior Member

lol, well, you know... ;)

and yeah, good point. "you never know until you try" - Tim Pennington BoL

7. berry

berry Active Member

She would have to loose the woolly scarf though!

8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

if you look into los cristianos or playa de las americas, they are the 2 major places. my parents go there alot, friends have a time share and they are 60+, so i'd say, it probably is a bit "pink shirt", but there is probably a way to avoid it, or they wouldn't keep going back.

9. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

I went to los americas in Tenerife for my old mans 50th a few years ago. Long story short we now call it tenergrief.... hassley beer'd up placed, my wallet robbed, my brother mugged via knife point.

Definately don't go there, I can't comment on other parts I think other areas are prob ok but that place was a shit pit

10. Thats really not very pleasant Andy :eek:

11. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

shit, andy that sounds terrible.

12. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

You live and learn!

We did go to los christianos one afternoon (towards the end of the week) and that seemed much more pleasant.

13. sarah

sarah Member

mmm, well i and my boyfriend and gone right off the idea of Tenerife anyway....very fickle haha.

I'm now thinking Cuba!! Any opinions??

14. tim

tim Senior Member

peckham.

15. berry

berry Active Member

16. tim

tim Senior Member

17. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

Luxor in Egypt is really nice. Its hot, theres loads of things to see and it quite quiet.

when i went we went to valley of the kings and it was about 53 degrees. way hot.

18. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

19. tim

tim Senior Member

i like southern italy.

well nice atmosphere.

20. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I really enjoyed prague when I went, but it was the dead of winter, snow everywhere, it was beautiful.